How to Start Beagle board

Hi,

i am new user of beagle board and dont know how to start. can anyone
help me out? I have connected beagle board to my laptop with USB to
Serial Converter but unable to connect it. I have windows 7 installed
in my laptop.

Please guide me

Vishal

Can you try something else out on your serial adapter first to make sure it is configured properly? You can always connect the tx line to the rx line such that you can see you get the output you type back at the input. I believe that procedure is covered generically in the BeagleBoard System Reference Manual. You can google for additional information about setting up a USB to serial adapter on Windows 7.

Hi Vishal - what board are you using (revision C4? xM?) and which terminal emulator on Windows 7? On XP I have had the best luck with Putty, but some folks use hyperterminal with success.

If you are using a rev. C board, remember that you need to use a null-modem cable. For rev. xM, a straight-through cable is necessary. For both boards, make sure the settings are 115200/N81.

Hi Jeff,
I am using revision A3 - from IDA system Jaipur India. They told that its latest revision. I am using USB to serial cable. While connectig usb cable to my laptop, its showing driver not found message.

Regards
vishal

Hi Jeff
I am using revision A3 - from IDA system Jaipur India. This is XM revision. Now I have download USB to serial driver for windows 7. But still not getting connected.

Can u suggest me what to do?

Regards
vishal

Hi Vishal,
Have you tried another RS232 device to make sure the Windows 7 driver
and configuration are working correctly?

For example, check a mouse like in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XghhABtc_dI

Hi,

I checked USB port and its configuration. Its working fine for other devices. Also checked USB to serial cable. I am able to program my 8051 board using this cable and same USB port. So that part is working OK

I also tried with external power supply. After some 3 to 5 minutes of waiting, it was showing so many messages on my hyper terminal. last message was beagleboard login:. This i hv seen only once.

Regards
Vishal