Idea Proposal (beaglePilot)

Hello all,

I am saurabh shandilya, a final year undergrad student. I have been working with Embedded systems and Embedded Linux for past three years now.
I would really like to be part of BeaglePilot this time and would like to have your little guidance to proceed for the same.

I have previously also created the topic here but I dont know why it is being deleted (as the error says).

My experiences:
I have in depth working experience in linux system internals and superficially device drivers. I have designed a few Atmel AVR based boards for industrial manufacturing.
I have done quite a few projects in industrial automation using Beaglebone Black and RaspberryPi
I have also been working with Quadcopter for past 3 months now and I am having quite decent knowledge in RC inputs and PPM/PWM techniques.

The video of my quadcopter can be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIgAs98zYus

My other works can be seen here:
www.embedded4fun.com
www.beyondszine.wordpress.com

Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/beyondhackk

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your interest in BeaglePilot.

I assume that your previous posts might have been removed because there’s a lot of people writing about this topic without searching whether there’re previous threads.

Please refer to this thread. Join us on #beaglepilot and feel free to share new ideas (check the available proposal). We are happy to hear new insights. Nice quad ;).

Bests,

Víctor.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your interest in BeaglePilot.

I assume that your previous posts might have been removed because there’s a lot of people writing about this topic without searching whether there’re previous threads.

Please refer to this thread. Join us on #beaglepilot and feel free to share new ideas (check the available proposal). We are happy to hear new insights. Nice quad ;).

Thanks victor,
I would like to ask how you ppl are actually trying to manage the power for the bldc or DC motor that you are using ?

I am also thinking to do the 3d mapping in ros if that is already been integrated on the beaglebone… Quads can be very much affective with that I assume…

Ways your nick at #beaglepilot?

Hi Saurabh,

My #beaglepilot is vmayoral but feel free to share your thoughts with other members as well.

Handling the brushless motors was actually one of our initial goals (we’d like to include an open hardware ESC within BeaglePilot). Check this issue.

Regarding the CV, Anuj is our expert in that topic so he can probably give you better pointers. There’s also a link at the bottom of our proposal that points to an article that uses the PRU with a camera, quite interesting i believe.

Bests,

Víctor.