Image 2015-07-19

It took 30 hours, but I have my first autonomous reset on:

bone-debian-8.1-console-armhf-2015-07-19-2gb.img

BeagleBoard.org Debian Image 2015-07-19
Linux beaglebone 4.1.2-ti-r4 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 16 20:48:37 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
Input power +5V barrel jack.

So, this release did not fix it.

I will let it run until next release comes out, or if you want something else tested.

— Graham

I meanwhile tried if a 1k resistor from Vbat-Sense to ground helps: No, does not.

Summarizing my feeling: Feeding +5V to the back side USB helps a little, 1k resistor over Vbat-Sense does not help.

---- Günter (dl4mea)

You might want to try connecting TP5 (BAT) to TP6 (BAT_SENSE). You can use a resistor if you want, but BAT_SENSE is a high impedance input.

These terminals would normally be connected to each other at the battery. On the BBB they are not connected to anything. The PMIC sends test currents out the BAT pin and measures the resulting voltages on the BAT_SENSE pin. These functions can’t work if they are not connected. The measured voltage on BAT_SENSE may drift depending upon the leakage currents at the floating input.

Dennis Cote

Agreed. But at the same time, the same hardware, right or wrong, works fine under 3.14 and prior. So there has been some software change since 3.14 in the way that the hardware is managed.

— Graham