Inquiry about whether it is possible to use PRU-ICSS to control the built-in bluetooth module in OSD3358-512M-BAS

Dear Jason Kridner,

I want to know whether it is possible to use PRU-ICSS to control the built-in bluetooth module directly in OSD3358-512M-BAS. I just want the built-in bluetooth module to work as fast as possible because I want to use bluetooth module to realize time synchronization by wireless communication. So I want to use PRU-ICSS to circumvent OS, Stack and such kind of thing, and directly control the built-in bluetooth module in order to let this module work as fast as possible. Is that possible? If possilbe, what should I do in general? Is there something you want to suggest? Thank you!

B.R.

Maohua

I want to know whether it is possible to use PRU-ICSS to control the built-in bluetooth module directly in OSD3358-512M-BAS. I just want the built-in bluetooth module to work as fast as possible because I want to use bluetooth module to realize time synchronization by wireless communication. So I want to use PRU-ICSS to circumvent OS, Stack and such kind of thing, and directly control the built-in bluetooth module in order to let this module work as fast as possible. Is that possible? If possilbe, what should I do in general? Is there something you want to suggest? Thank you!

what "built-in" bluetooth module? The OSD3358-512M-BAS, doesn't have
bluetooth...

Regards,

Hey,

Sorry for my mistake! So the bluetooth module is in fact integrated in the wifi module ‘WL18MODGB’, isn’t ? Is it possible for me to use PRU-ICSS to control it? I want to use PRU-ICSS to directly control the bluetooth unit in order to get high real-time performance by circumventing the bluetooth stack, is it possible? Look forward to your reply!

Best Regard,

Maohua

Hey,

Sorry for my mistake!
I am now using BBB Wireless: http://beagleboard.org/black-wireless . So the bluetooth module is in fact integrated in the wifi module ‘WL18MODGB’, isn’t ? Is it possible for me to use PRU-ICSS to control it? I want to use PRU-ICSS to directly control the bluetooth unit in order to get high real-time performance by circumventing the bluetooth stack, is it possible? Look forward to your reply!

Best Regard,
Maohua

Umm, the WL1835 is running it's own Bluetooth stack (the firmware we
provide for it on bootup), so while the WL1835 connects to the AM335x
over a simple usart, all the Major Bluetooth stuff is already
offloaded to the WL1835.. On the Linux side, we just interface to it
over Bluez..

So your statement: "in order to get high real-time performance by
circumventing the bluetooth stack" doesn't really fit, as you'd
basically implement a usart on the PRU-ICSS and yet, what... still go
thru bluez, looks more like a slow down....

Regards,

Thank you very much!
Your reply is really important for us. Or we will waste a lot of time.

B.R.

Maohua