Hi , I’m a mid-career switcher to engineering (international diplomacy before this). I graduated from Boston University with an MS in Mechanical engineering in 2019 and now I’m taking classes full time again learn more about coding and embedded systems. Given my interest in robotics, I thought the librobotcontrol library could be a good project, but I am also seeing that others have interest in this and am open to other projects too so that there is something for everyone.
Here’s a bit more about my experience:
- Swarm Robotics (Hardware/Software)
- C++(high school, grad school, college)
- C (at the Swarm Robotics company, lots of Arduino etc)
- Microcontrollers + Motion (Arduino, Ras Pi, Fubarino, STM32 etc)
- Building small robot “puppets” with raspberry pi that talk, move eyes etc
I realize the deadline for GSOC is quickly approaching next week, and I’m open to talking with any of the mentors who may need another student for your project, if you think I may be able to help. I’ve reached out to @deepaklorkhatri007 about librobotcontrol, and @jkridner also suggested looking into some of the Bela sound issues. Let me know if you have additional thoughts/suggestions.
Thanks and I hope we can work together,