The internet in my BBB is not working. Neither using USB nor with Ethernet connection. Kindly help me where is the issue.
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 03:13:40 -0700 (PDT), Gunjan Vora
<firstname.lastname@example.org> declaimed the
The internet in my BBB is not working. Neither using USB nor with Ethernet
connection. Kindly help me where is the issue.
Please ship the BBB, USB cables, Ethernet cables, router, and host
computer (with account and password for use by analyst) to me and I'll
attempt to debug it. Oh yes, also provide return shipping fee.
Stating "not working" is not informative. Provide boot logs, output of
ifconfig, etc. and someone might be able to help. As it is, I can propose:
1) insufficient (or no) power to the BBB
2) Ethernet cable not connected
3) Ethernet cable is straight-through where it needs to be cross-over (no
router in use)
4) Host computer is not set up to do Internet-Sharing (for routing through
5) Host computer does not have internet connection (if sharing enabled)
6) Firewall is blocking connections
7) BBB is dead (can you SSH into it through the USB address?)
7b) Connect it to a monitor via HDMI, with keyboard/mouse on USB [will
need a powered hub if not using a consolidated wireless set] and power the
unit from the barrel connector -- can you get a console/GUI window that