is the Altium sch and pcb correct? Somebody tried to make BBB using it?

We are very happy to use BBB in our still small project, but it is not enough to us, such as the second channel Etnernet.

We would like to use the scheme BBB for our project, and We would like to clarify whether the Altium scheme and PCB correct? Somebody tried to make BBB using it?

Supplied as is. I have not built any boards from the files.

Gerald

Although I have not built any boards from the files, I have studied both the schematic and the PCB file extensively. I have not found any errors in either of them. Although it needs to be said that I am not the kind of engineer that Gerald and his layout guy are.

If you have an engineer who plans to modify the boards to fit your project, he should be able to do a thorough check to see if any errors exist. My suggestion is to run a small batch of boards exactly as they are in the file. Verify they work. Then make any changes you need to the design and run them again. This will tell you if the problem already existed or if you introduced the problem with your changes. That's the approach I'm taking at this point, although I don't plan to make a commercial product. I should have a small shipment of bare boards in a couple of months. But I don't plan to do a true end to end test. My hobby project only cares about a few core functions.

I agree with Travis.
I have built boards using the BBB as a base. Verify everything - as you should if you’re modifying the design.
You shouldn’t assume that everything is correct - especially since this is a port of the original design.
I also added a 2nd Ethernet port and made other modifications to suit our project’s needs.
It is not backward compatible to the BBB at this point
I opted for RMII for the ports - requires software changes - there are posts on this.
We are still in the bring up of these boards - all is going well.
So do your homework, examine the design, double / triple check everything and make it yours.

Good Luck on your endeavor,
Matt

Guys!
The schematic is open and 100% valid! Problems begin when you start modifying the default design. What’s the point to ask about the original design if you intend to add/remove things in it? If you route ddr3 wrong then your device will not even start and you’ll come to this forum and begin blaming Gerald or other guys who say “it’s OK”. Stay on the original Gerber files and clone bbb (why would you need it??) without issues

Because as some others have said they need other things added to the board.
Its all good if you know what your doing and understand proper DDR3
design/ ethernet design / board routing etc....

We are very happy to use BBB in our still small project, but it is not enough to us, such as the second channel Etnernet.

We would like to use the scheme BBB for our project, and We would like to clarify whether the Altium scheme and PCB correct? Somebody tried to make BBB using it?

The conversion was verified as follows. The schematic and PCB were imported to Altium and then the schematic and PCB were synched. Any anomalies (there were many) were resolved and the part footprints were adjusted for PCB manufacturability. Gerber files where generated and then compared to the gerber files from BeagleBoard. The Gerber files are almost a perfect match on each and every layer.

As Gerald say, Altium project is supplied as is and no guarantees are provided. It is up to you to do your homework as I described above.

Regards,
John