Kernel and uboot source code for Beagle bone green wireless

Hi,

Could you please help me where can i get u boot and Linux kernel source code to support beagle-bone green wireless board?

Thanks,
Trinadh.

Both are mainline:

https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black

Regards,

Hi,

While porting Linux kernel into beagle bone green wireless board i am getting error “wlcore: ERROR could not get configuration binary ti-connectivity/wl18xx-conf.bin: -2” and then board was not booting up. Can you please help to this issue?

Thanks,
Trinadh.

https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglebone-black-wireless/tree/master/firmware

Regards

Hi Trinadh,
This is not actually an ERROR, it should be a warning as the WL18xx driver will create a default configuration and use it instead. So it is probably not the cause of your failure to boot.

Having said that using the wl18xx-conf.bin that Robert pointed you to in your filesystem is the best solution.
Iain

Hi,

I am trying to use overlay concept to use GPIO pin on beaglebone green wireless board, but while using bone cape manger and slots to use pins it has been failing with below error.

/sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots
root@beaglebone:~/boneLed/overlay# echo DM-GPIO-Test > /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots
-bash: echo: write error: No such file or directory
root@beaglebone:~/boneLed/overlay#

Could you please help to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Trinadh.

Kernel Overlays are EOL.

You can type "dmesg | grep bone" and figure out what your issue is
above on your own.

But i'll be telling you to use U-Boot Overlays if you want support..

https://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#U-Boot_Overlays

Regards,

Hi

I spoke with Jason Krinder at a BeagleBone workshop at Texas A&M University over the winter holiday break.

After the workshop I talked with him regarding about my Capstone project.

For my project, my team needs to use Wi-Fi mesh functionality. So we decided to use the BBGW.

However, we have run into issues where BBGW does not fully install the functional Wi-link 8 driver.

I have had trouble with installing the latest Wi-link 8 driver. So Jason Krinder suggested we contact you because, you were able to successfully install the Wi-link 8 driver on Beaglebone.

If you could please contact me at rlarltn935@tamu.edu my team would greatly appreciate any help you could provide regarding our issue.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide,

Gi-Soo Kim

Hi

I spoke with Jason Krinder at a BeagleBone workshop at Texas A&M University over the winter holiday break.

After the workshop I talked with him regarding about my Capstone project.

For my project, my team needs to use Wi-Fi mesh functionality. So we decided to use the BBGW.

However, we have run into issues where BBGW does not fully install the functional Wi-link 8 driver.

I have had trouble with installing the latest Wi-link 8 driver. So Jason Krinder suggested we contact you because, you were able to successfully install the Wi-link 8 driver on Beaglebone.

Iain, in copy, started looking at it. I know a newer kernel was required, but don’t know much else. Have you searched the archives of this list?

The TI processors wiki has some information, but doesn’t comprehend the Beagle kernels.