Kernel Hangs while starting.

Hi,

I am trying to build a new kernel image using arm-none-linux-gnueabi- toolchain. I built the Linux Kernel 3.0, using
the following toolchain, after this i formatted and created partitions in my SD Card wherein i copied the uImage into
the first partition of the SD Card. Now when i bootup the board, then during the time of starting kernel, i get the following
"Starting kernel… " and the entire process hangs. Can anyone suggest me whr it is failing?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv.

In your kernel command line are using ttyS2 or ttyO2?? Try using ttyO2
for console.

Its doing an auto boot using u-bootloader…Its able to detect and load another kernelimage,uImage of kernel2.6.35 , which unfortunately i have’nt built and was there in the
boot partition, before i replaced it with my built image for kernel3.0…I suspect tht some
settings have been missed in the makemenu config…can someone put the .config
file for porting linux kernel3.0 on Beagle BoardxM?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv.

Here is a snapshot of the same:

Booting from mmc …

Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80200000 …

Image Name: Linux-3.0.0-rc3
Image Type: ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
Data Size: 3359356 Bytes = 3.2 MB
Load Address: 00008000
Entry Point: 00008000
Verifying Checksum … OK
Loading Kernel Image …

And after tht the Kernel Hangs…

Its doing an auto boot using u-bootloader…Its able to detect and load another kernelimage,uImage of kernel2.6.35 , which unfortunately i have’nt built and was there in the
boot partition, before i replaced it with my built image for kernel3.0…I suspect tht some
settings have been missed in the makemenu config…can someone put the .config
file for porting linux kernel3.0 on Beagle BoardxM?

The omap2plus_defconfig in the kernel tree works fine for me. You can find it in the /arch/arm/configs directory of your kernel source.

Hi Bill,

Did you got NFS working on beagleboard-xm with the mainline kernel
using omap2plus_defconfig? Which kernel version are you using?

For me, it is not powering on the ethernet at all (no lights).

Thank you,
Johnson

hi
sir ur not giving any perfect information
about e-book reader
i wnt to know how to dump pdf fie,text,html files and how t disply

plz about beagle book

Sir, you are not writing perfect emails nor are you googling perfectly

Thanks a lot, Bill…yes its worked, from the /arch/arm/cinfigs directory i took up thisdef_config file “omap3_beagle_defconfig”, and after tht the usual commands followed:

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- distclean # just to make sure everything is clean

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- omap3_beagle_defconfig

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- uImage

and thus it created the uImage.

Danke, Bill…

Guten Tag,
Rajiv.

2.6.36.4 is the last mainline kernel on which I got NFS working. Some sites say that it works for 2.6.38 too.

But the latest stable one, 2.6.39.1 is not passing NFS boot on beagleboard-xm Rev B.

Thank you,

Johnson