Latest Debian images for older (2GB eMMC) BeagleBone Black boards?

Hi folks,

I’ve dug out two old BeagleBone Black Rev A5A units from storage and want to get them up and running again with the latest headless (“iot”?) Debian release.

If I am not mistaken, the latest images are located here (Index of /rootfs/bb.org/testing/2023-03-03/bullseye-iot-armhf) and there is no 2GB version released. Predictably, the 4GB image fails if I try to write it to the on-board 2GB eMMC (all 4 LEDs blink after the cylon pattern).

Wondering if I can either tweak the 4GB image to make it fit into the 2GB eMMC or perhaps a 2GB image could be released (or it might already be out and located elsewhere) ?

Thanks.

What is the bullseye-minimal-armhf image missing for your needs?

Regards,

Hi @RobertCNelson,

Problem exists between keyboard and chair… I got confused with “minimal” / “iot” labels and wrongly assumed that minimal meant it was not a headless image.

Thanks for the pointer.

This one is a Debian 10.3 that will run off the SD card, console only.

https://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-10.3-console-armhf-2020-04-06-1gb.img.xz

1 Like

I do not see any 2GB images on this page? Latest Software Images - BeagleBoard when filtering for the Beagle Bone Black. I have the older 2GB revision and it appears that there is no recent debian image that works with this hardware revision.

I found those images on this forum.

Seth

P.S. I cannot promise the minimal image will work on the 2GB BBB build from years ago. Do you have a micro SD Card to use?

I was able to find the minimal build here and it does indeed work on the older hardware rev for the BBB.
Newer builds can be found here Index of /rootfs/release. I was able to glean this url from the one in the referenced forum post.
Thanks.

1 Like