LCD + touch screen and the Beagle Board

All,

The ULCD7 is a new 7" LCD Panel. Support for the BeagleBoard is planned, but the first iteration will be for the BeagleBoard-xM. The plan is to build 500 and make them available via distributors by the end of August. Panels are working but we are waiting on formal SW support in the -xM validation package.

Here are the specifications for the panel:

LCD Size…7"
Panel Type…TFT
Resolution…800x480
Orientation…Landscape 16:9
Display Colors…16.7M
Contrast ratio…500
Luminance…350
Backlight…LED
Touchscreen…Resistive
Power…5V DC

The BeagleBoard-xM mounts under the LCD panel using mounting posts and the expansion and LCD headers. A second expansion header is provided to allow expansion cards to be added under the LCD panel. Power can be applied direct to the LCD via a 5VDC power jack, or power can be applied to the BeagleBoard-xM which will power the LCD.

Attached are a couple of pictures. I will see if I can get a pre-order process in place. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Gerald

image001.png

Backside_xM.JPG

Front.JPG

Hi,
Thanks Gerald for the update and your work.
By any chance this LCD+TS interface will support Panda Board ?

Thanks,
Mrityunjay

image001.png

Any indication on the suggested retail price ?
Maybe obvious to many, just had to double check – will this too be open-source design licensed ?

It should work with Panda, it was designed to do so, but the focus on this rollout is on BeagleBoard-xM. The problem with Panda is that you have to add the connectors and move a bunch of resistors to enable the LCD which is not something that a lot of people have the equipment to do.

MSRP is targeted around $139 right now.

Gerald

Thank you for the pictures.

The retail price seems excellent too!
Kudos
:slight_smile:

Zubair