LCD7 cape does nothing

Jose,

What is the revision of your LCD7 Cape? Can you try the latest BeagleBone factory image 11-22-12 and see if it makes any difference? The image file can be downloaded at:
http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=BeagleBone#Image_Files

Instructions of how to write image file to SD card on a Windows machine are also provided on the same wiki page.

If you would like to return your cape for repairs/replacements, you should request an RMA first at
http://beagleboardtoys.com/support/. After your RMA is approved, you will be provided with return instructions.

-Hieu

Hello Hieu!

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The LCD7 cape is revision A1. According to the instructions at beagleboardtoys.org, version 6.18 of Angstrom should work.

I will give the latest release of Angstrom a try and see what happens.

I bought the board from DigiKey, why should I get an RMA from beagleboardtoys?

Regards,

José

Has anybody succeeded in getting the LCD7 cape to work with revision A6 of the BeagleBone?

I have a Beaglebone Rev A6 which works fine and I have been using for a couple of months w/o problems. I received my LCD7 cape Rev A1 a couple of days ago from DigiKey. Following the instructions in the Beagleboardtoys wiki did not work: the LCD is blank, no user LED and no backlight. The Reset and the Power switch do nothing. I am also using a 2 Amp. 5 volt supply. The Beaglebone attached to it however, boots fine and I can talk to it with minicom, screen and ssh.

I tried the Angstrom 6.18 and also the 11.22.12 as Hieu suggested, with same results.

I suspect I just got a bum cape and I have to go through the pain of getting an RMA from beagelboardtoys. This is something I do not understand, since I got it from DigiKey; I suspect I am going to be out of some serious money. I just want to get a 7”cape that works.

I have attached the boot sequence in case it reveals something that I am not able to see.

Any help to determine if the board is working or not will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

José

Angstrom 11.22.12 Boot.txt (3.58 KB)