LCD7 support in Debian 3.14.1 and Logibone support

Hi Robert,

I’ve been running Debian v3.8 for a while along with an LCD7 cape and decided to build/try 3.14.1-bone2. Everything is going well except for my LCD7 cape.

It isn’t getting installed at boot/kernel start. I understand there is a patch for U-boot but I’m not sure about any USB side effects associated with the patch. I don’t want to break something that is currently working.

Will the LCD7 be supported in 3.14?

I’ve also got Logibones on order and they mentioned that they have recently added software to the BBB repository and didn’t mention any details. Do you happen to know if they are supported in Debian and if so what branch?

Regards,
Mike

Hello Who Ever You Are!

Thank you (and you know who you are) for adding the Logibone package into the 3.8 development source. I know that there will be many happy people at the end of May (or sooner for some!).

I also compared the 3.8 and 3.14 branches and there really is a significant difference between them. As mentioned one big area is the cape support. The cape manager vs statically loaded capes if I understand this correctly is one big area. So I’m going to go out on a limb and say that if you have the dts files, drivers and support files/functions for your capes you could add them statically if you wish. Am I about right?

Another question about the LCD7 cape if I may. Is the expansion header available for use? For one case I would like to use the Logibone there.

Thanks Again, I appreciate your help!

Mike