lighttpd not working correctly

Hi all!

I’ve been working on a fresh beaglebone black (my fourth one so far) and I’ve tried to install lighttpd on it. After disabling the bonescript.service and installing the lighttpd from the repository, I try to do a /etc/init.d/lighttpd restart and get the following message

Restarting Lighttpd Web Server: no /usr/sbin/lighttpd found; none killed

After that I try to use a browser but don’t get the test site saying it works. I’ve followed the instructions shown in, which I had used before on other beaglebone black which worked perfectly. I’ve been looking for this particular message to no avail, also I don’t know what type of file is the one pointed out in the message so any help would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks a lot.


Even I am getting the same problem !!! Have you got the solution / Please pass the solution if you have

If you are using Angstrom, it uses systemd to control services. Try:

systemctl start lighttpd

You can query the status of a service as follows:

systemctl status lighttpd
lighttpd.service - Lightning Fast Webserver With Light System Requirements
           Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/lighttpd.service; enabled)
           Active: active (running) since Sat 2000-01-01 00:00:03 UTC; 13 years 10 months ago
         Main PID: 126 (lighttpd)
           CGroup: name=systemd:/system/lighttpd.service
                   `-126 /usr/sbin/lighttpd -D -f /etc/lighttpd.conf