Lsr wifi driver

Hello collegues!

I need to enable in SW Tiwi-r2 wifi module connected to BB-xM. As I know it is possible to run this module under linux kernel 3.04.

So what option is the easiest:
Pokylinux?
Angstrom?

Any way I need to build the kernel myself as I have a lot of stuff connected to BB

The beagleboardtoys.com LSR wifi board works out of the box with angstrom, poky is only for people wanting serial port and audio.

Koen,

Can you give me any guidance how to compile kernel for tiwi-r2?

Koen,

Can you give me any guidance how to compile kernel for tiwi-r2?

Go to the angstrom website, click 'developers', follow the instructions and then do 'MACHINE=beaglegboard bitbake virtual/kernel'.

Koen,

is this OK?

~/OE/setup-scripts$ LANG=c MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh config beagleboard
./oebb.sh: line 227: /home/maxx/OE/scripts/layers.awk: No such file or directory
Setup for beagleboard completed

I believe any errors during config process will lead to unpredictable errors during compilation…

Your environment seems broken, is this a clean shell?

indeed, the problem was that I had already $HOME/.oe directory remained from the previous build. Now the process is going much further…

Hello collegues!

I need to enable in SW Tiwi-r2 wifi module connected to BB-xM. As I know it is possible to run this module under linux kernel 3.04.

So what option is the easiest:
Pokylinux?
Angstrom?

I have this working with the Angstrom using the 3.04 kernel. One problem you will find is that the wpa_supplicant does not launch at startup so you have to launch it manually. After that you have to restart networking.

Regards,

John

Any way I need to build the kernel myself as I have a lot of stuff connected to BB

Still no fix for this???

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: Preparing runqueue
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
NOTE: Running task 171 of 1081 (ID: 1068, /home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.5.bb, do_unpack)
NOTE: Running task 267 of 1081 (ID: 605, virtual:native:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-core/gettext/gettext_0.18.1.1.bb, do_compile)
NOTE: package gcc-cross-initial-4.5-r43+svnr178923: task do_unpack: Started
NOTE: package gettext-native-0.18.1.1-r5: task do_compile: Started
ERROR: Function ‘Unpack failure for URL: ‘svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches;module=gcc-4_5-branch;proto=http’. Unpack command PATH=“/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi.gcc-cross-initial/crossscripts:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/sbin:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/sbin:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux//bin:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/openembedded-core/scripts:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/bitbake/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/openembedded-core/scripts” tar xz --no-same-owner -f /home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/downloads/gcc-4_5-branch_gcc.gnu.org_.svn.gcc.branches_178923_.tar.gz failed with return value 2’ failed
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/work-shared/gcc-4.5-r43+svnr178923/temp/log.do_unpack.11822
Log data follows:

NOTE: Unpacking /home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/downloads/gcc-4_5-branch_gcc.gnu.org_.svn.gcc.branches_178923_.tar.gz to /home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/work-shared/gcc-4.5-r43+svnr178923/

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
ERROR: Function ‘Unpack failure for URL: ‘svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches;module=gcc-4_5-branch;proto=http’. Unpack command PATH=“/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi.gcc-cross-initial/crossscripts:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/sbin:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/sbin:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux//bin:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/openembedded-core/scripts:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/bitbake/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/openembedded-core/scripts” tar xz --no-same-owner -f /home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/downloads/gcc-4_5-branch_gcc.gnu.org_.svn.gcc.branches_178923_.tar.gz failed with return value 2’ failed
NOTE: package gcc-cross-initial-4.5-r43+svnr178923: task do_unpack: Failed
ERROR: Task 1068 (/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.5.bb, do_unpack) failed with exit code ‘1’
Waiting for 1 active tasks to finish:
0: gettext-native-0.18.1.1-r5 do_compile (pid 11823)
NOTE: package gettext-native-0.18.1.1-r5: task do_compile: Succeeded
ERROR: ‘/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.5.bb’ failed

2011/12/5 John (USP) <jsynesio@us-power.com>

Looks like a corrupt download, rm -f /home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/downloads/gcc-4_5-branch_gcc.gnu.org_.svn.gcc.branches_178923_.tar.gz*

removed as suggested and again:

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: Preparing runqueue
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
NOTE: Running task 171 of 1081 (ID: 1068, /home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.5.bb, do_unpack)
NOTE: Running task 277 of 1081 (ID: 441, virtual:native:/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/elfutils/elfutils_0.148.bb, do_unpack)
NOTE: package elfutils-native-0.148-r3: task do_unpack: Started
NOTE: package gcc-cross-initial-4.5-r43+svnr178923: task do_unpack: Started
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/work-shared/gcc-4.5-r43+svnr178923/temp/log.do_unpack.13404
Log data follows:

NOTE: Unpacking /home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/downloads/gcc-4_5-branch_gcc.gnu.org_.svn.gcc.branches_178923_.tar.gz to /home/maxx/OE/scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/work-shared/gcc-4.5-r43+svnr178923/
tar (child): /home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/downloads/gcc-4_5-branch_gcc.gnu.org_.svn.gcc.branches_178923_.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
NOTE: package gcc-cross-initial-4.5-r43+svnr178923: task do_unpack: Failed
ERROR: Task 1068 (/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.5.bb, do_unpack) failed with exit code ‘1’
Waiting for 1 active tasks to finish:
0: elfutils-native-0.148-r3 do_unpack (pid 13405)
NOTE: package elfutils-native-0.148-r3: task do_unpack: Succeeded
ERROR: ‘/home/maxx/OE/scripts/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.5.bb’ failed

I think it requires to remove some log files where it is stated that this package was downloaded yet.

2011/12/5 Koen Kooi <koen@beagleboard.org>

bitbake gcc-cross-initial -c cleansstate

I have the same problem as described here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org/msg22582.html

is there any fix for this?

2011/12/5 Koen Kooi <koen@beagleboard.org>

I have the same problem as described here:
[oe] [Beagleboard] Can't fetch Linux kernel source

is there any fix for this?

Yes, fix your internet connection. This are all caused by partial downloads. As a workaround I pushed a patch from Khem that makes it hit the mirror last instead of first, that should get you some better error messaged when your connection drops.

Koen,

What do you mean “fix internet connection”? I don’t have any connection drops and the speed is 3MB/sec for download.

2011/12/6 Koen Kooi <koen@beagleboard.org>

guys, can anybody say the size of this directory (during angstrom build):

sources/downloads/git2/git.kernel.org.pub.scm.linux.kernel.git.stable.linux-stable.git

I can the speed is around 12k/sec and I expect it to take a week to clone this git repository. Is there a way to accelerate it? May be some one can upload this directory compressed?

2011/12/6 Maxim Podbereznyy <lisarden@gmail.com>

Hi all,

The similar to mentioned wifi module (R1) works with kernel 3.0.12
from kernel.org (ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.0/
linux-3.0.12.tar.xz). Download speed is much much better :slight_smile:

BR,
Mike

a few hours of waiting and now it appeared:
error: missing object referenced by ‘refs/tags/v3.0.12’
error: refs/tags/v3.0.2 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.0.3 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.0.4 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.0.5 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.0.6 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.0.7 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.0.8 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.0.9 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1-rc1 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1-rc10 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1-rc2 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1-rc3 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1-rc4 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1-rc5 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1-rc6 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1-rc7 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1-rc8 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1-rc9 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1.1 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1.2 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.1.3 does not point to a valid object!
error: refs/tags/v3.2-rc1 does not point to a valid object!
fatal: pack has 70980 unresolved deltas
fatal: index-pack failed

2011/12/6 YaMike <m.likholet@gmail.com>