micro USB AB

Hi,

Is it possible to function the USB OTG port of beagleboard as USB host?

Thanks,

john

Yes. That is what OTG is all about. As long as you ground pin 5, it can act as a host. However, the current will be limited, so whatever you connect needs to be self powered.

Gerald

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

john

Gerald,

Is it possible to connect the pin 5 to a ground via software/OS or I really need to solder a wire from pin 5 thru a ground?.

Thanks,

john

It's in the docs, there are 2 adjacent pads on the board, a small blob of solder will bridge them.
Regards
Sid.

I found it.

Thanks,

john

Do you have a wiki page where I can use to test if the OTG is acting as a USB host?.
Thanks,

john

I am not aware of one. I know it takes special arguments and maybe some code changes. I would search the discussion board as this topic has been covered many times over the past two years.

Gerald

http://beagleboard.org/static/BBSRM_latest.pdf Page 8.9.1 USB OTG Overview gives a good description of what can be attached.
Regards
Sid.

thanks

john

I tried USB keyboard but not detecting it.

john

I haven't tried since I originally got started. Then the keyboard, mouse and a camera connected via a USB 2.0 hub failed to enumerate any of the devices, so I simply moved them to the HID port.
I shall try again.
Regards
Sid.

I’m a bit confused. I have a USB hub with external power which is connected to the USB OTG port. If I did not connect pin 4 into a ground, boot the board and do lsusb -v, my USB hub was detected. But, if pin 4 is connected to a ground and do the same procedure, the USB hub was not detected.