MPlayer 720p playback: Too many buffered pts error

Hi everybody,

We are trying to play 720p video on beagleboard-xm rev-b using mplayer 4.3.3. We got audio and a few frames of the beginning of the video.
While audio still playing, video doesn’t appear. After audio playback finished video starts playing slowly. Mplayer gives this error on console:
Too many buffered pts

We think problem is memory size allocated for dsp bridge.
Anybody got any idea?

Olcay Ertaş wrote:

Hi everybody,

We are trying to play 720p video on beagleboard-xm rev-b using mplayer 4.3.3. We got audio and a few frames of the
beginning of the video.
While audio still playing, video doesn't appear. After audio playback finished video starts playing slowly. Mplayer
gives this error on console:
Too many buffered pts

We think problem is memory size allocated for dsp bridge.
Anybody got any idea?

as far as I know, there is no DSP support in mplayer,
it decodes everything on the ARM only and high profile
H264 720p is more than the arm can handle alone.

try to convert your 720p video to MPEG4 and/or try to
lower the resolution as well

We also tried using VLC, sound works well but video doesn’t play. We are using Angstrom with kernel 2.6.32

Olcay Ertaş wrote:

We also tried using VLC, sound works well but video doesn't play. We are using Angstrom with kernel 2.6.32

vlc like mplayer also uses ffmpeg to decode on the arm.

Thank you very much for your answers Viladmir. Which player uses DSP on ARM do you know?
Or is there any way to use DSP with VLC or any other players?

Olcay Ertaş

Bilgisayar Mühendisi

Gebze Yüksek Teknoloji Enstitüsü

:phone: 555-692-96-90 (Turkcell)

My profiles: FacebookLinkedInTwitterGoogleWordPress
Contact me: Google Talk/olcayertas Skype/olcayertas MSN/olcayertas@hotmail.com.tr

Signature powered by WiseStamp

mplayer along with gstreamer plugin uses DSP core.

Olcay Ertaş wrote:

Thank you very much for your answers Viladmir. Which player uses DSP on ARM do you know?
Or is there any way to use DSP with VLC or any other players?

there is the gst_ti effort that has a gstreamer component that wraps DMAI which wraps
CE/link DSP codecs, so if you have a player that wraps gstreamer, you are almost there...