OpenEmbedded BitBake Angstrom Build Failure

I am trying to compile a simple kernel module natively for the BeagleBoard XM. I downloaded the package kernel-headers, kernel-dev, and at least a dozen other seemingly related packages. After getting the error: ‘make[1]: *** No rule to make target `modules’. Stop.’ and reading online, it seems that others have had my problem, but no one has a solution. Forgive me if this was a stupid idea, but I tried compiling the kernel module simply with gcc, and I was getting errors about missing headers. I moved all related linux, asm, and asm-generic headers from the git-repository ‘http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap.git;a=summary’ to the BeagleBoard. And then was getting errors about “generated” include files missing. I searched the git repository files, but could not find any generated files. From reading online others have had success cross-compiling kernel modules using the OpenEmbedded patches in combination with the linux git repository just mentioned. I followed the directions to set up OpenEmbedded here: http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom, but I am getting a failure while executing the command: “MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel”. Following is all of the output of the error. I am using Ubuntu 11.10. Attached is the complete output from the command.

ERROR: bzip2-native: md5 data is not matching for file://LICENSE;beginline=8;endline=37;md5=40d9d1eb05736d1bfc86cfdd9106e6b2
ERROR: bzip2-native: The new md5 checksum is d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
ERROR: bzip2-native: Check if the license information has changed in
ERROR: Licensing Error: LIC_FILES_CHKSUM does not match, please fix
ERROR: Function failed: do_qa_configure
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sam/beagleboard_linux/openembedded/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_05-eglibc/work/i686-linux/bzip2-native-1.0.6-r5/temp/log.do_configure.14208
NOTE: package bzip2-native-1.0.6-r5: task do_configure: Failed
ERROR: Task 956 (virtual:native:/home/sam/beagleboard_linux/openembedded/setup-scripts/sources/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-extended/bzip2/bzip2_1.0.6.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code ‘1’

Please help.

Thank you,
Sam

output.txt (10 KB)

I am trying to compile a simple kernel module natively for the
BeagleBoard XM. I downloaded the package kernel-headers, kernel-dev, and
at least a dozen other seemingly related packages. After getting the
error: 'make[1]: *** No rule to make target `modules'. Stop.' and
reading online, it seems that others have had my problem, but no one has
a solution. Forgive me if this was a stupid idea, but I tried compiling
the kernel module simply with gcc, and I was getting errors about
missing headers. I moved all related linux, asm, and asm-generic headers
from the git-repository
'kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap.git - OMAP development tree
to the BeagleBoard. And then was getting errors about "generated"
include files missing. I searched the git repository files, but could
not find any generated files. From reading online others have had
success cross-compiling kernel modules using the OpenEmbedded patches in
combination with the linux git repository just mentioned. I followed the
directions to set up OpenEmbedded here:
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom, but I am getting
a failure while executing the command: "MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh
bitbake virtual/kernel". Following is all of the output of the error. I
am using Ubuntu 11.10. Attached is the complete output from the command.

ERROR: bzip2-native: md5 data is not matching for
file://LICENSE;beginline=8;endline=37;md5=40d9d1eb05736d1bfc86cfdd9106e6b2
ERROR: bzip2-native: The new md5 checksum is
d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

This is what the md5sum is expected to be, what it is finding is not that.

ERROR: bzip2-native: Check if the license information has changed in
ERROR: Licensing Error: LIC_FILES_CHKSUM does not match, please fix

Verify the downloaded packages checksums meet what the recipe is expecting as the checksums to be. It is saying they do not match, could be a bad download/license file, old checksums or something else. I would start there though.

Sorry don't think I was very clear in the last response, it is related to the license checksum only, not the downloaded package itself.

How do I verify this? Even if it’s bad, and the checksums don’t match, how would I fix the problem?

bitbake -c cleanall bzip2-native