ordering BB for use in India, best option

Checked the known sources of BB-xM in India (i.e. IDA & Crane), and just cant’ justify the asking price, given $149 from Digikey. So, thinking of ordering directly from Digikey.
My guess is customs duty (+all other allied duties) put together + shipping, shouldn’t be more than 40-50% extra. Which gives significant saving over local quotes, and if customs is not charged, it’s a bonus.
Anyone adopted this route ? Anything to worry about ?

I don’t have a DVI-D capable display… and don’t think I’d like to buy one exclusively for BB (those are pretty expensive). What options do I have ? An add on VGA module or hook up an LCD module (I could reuse that). Anything extra that should be ordered ?

Thanks for guidance.

-Jay

Checked the known sources of BB-xM in India (i.e. IDA & Crane), and just cant’ justify the asking price, given $149 from Digikey. So, thinking of ordering directly from Digikey.
My guess is customs duty (+all other allied duties) put together + shipping, shouldn’t be more than 40-50% extra. Which gives significant saving over local quotes, and if customs is not charged, it’s a bonus.
Anyone adopted this route ? Anything to worry about ?

I bought from IDA Systems, Jaipur. I paid 12,500/- for BB-xM (Rev B) only (including taxes, shipping etc…).
They sale a 4GB SD card + HDMI/DVI cable + Power Supply for 2500/- extra.
But you have to pay for the Octroi and other charges to courier agents (i think Bluedart).

So i asked my friend to bring it for me. :wink:

I don’t have a DVI-D capable display… and don’t think I’d like to buy one exclusively for BB (those are pretty expensive). What options do I have ? An add on VGA module or hook up an LCD module (I could reuse that). Anything extra that should be ordered ?

You can setup a VNC/Desktop Sharing and access BB desktop from your laptop.