Pico DLP running with BeagleBoard REV B?

Everyone,

Given that the BeagleBoard REV C is on backorder everywhere (29 week
lead time at Digikey), does anyone have the TI Pico DLP kit running
with a REV B board?

I found and ordered a REV B from Digikey on the chance it would, but
am just wondering if I have wasted my effort!

Any confirmation would be helpful before I start the adventure.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Aiken
Aiken Development

If you had monitored this discussion group, you would have known that REV C4 boards will ship Friday, arriving at DigiKey on Monday.

Gerald

Gerald,

I just joined the group yesterday so I must have missed this!

This is great news! I have a backordered REV C, so maybe I will have it next week sometime… and maybe Digikey will be kind enough to let me return the REV B…

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Chris

It is also posted on the BUY page on beagleboard.org. Hopefully they will let you return it. Although, it will work with the PICO projector.

Gerald

Yep… Just missed it… In my eagerness I sped quickly to Digikey, ordered, and received the dreaded 29 week lead time!

Crossing my fingers for next week.

Chris

I guess I should have asked about C4 availability myself. I ordered one from Mouser last week, and they are showing 390 backorders, including mine, with an estimated ship date of February 12. This doesn't really bother me because I have a huge amount of learning to do with openembedded and Angstrom. I'm just starting out, getting my feet wet.

Bob

Bob,

I am sure I will have a lot to learn as well, so next couple of weeks will not break my heart or schedule.. But 29 weeks would have put me in a bind.

Wishing us both good luck!

Chris

I guess I should have asked about C4 availability myself. I

> ordered one from Mouser last week, and they are showing 390
    > backorders, including mine, with an estimated ship date of
    > February 12. This doesn't really bother me because I have a

390 backordered... that's a pretty good situation for beagleboard
manufacturing to be in, I think.