Problems entering CTRL+Z in terminal on BBB (not on connected PC)

Hi BBBers,

I’ve just got a Skywire modem cape for the BBB. I’m trying to send an SMS. Everything goes well until I try to enter CTRL+Z to end the SMS text entry and nothing happens. (I’ve done this SMS send method from a PC before so I know the general proceedure). I’ve tried Minicom on the BBB and Picocom. I’ve tried it logging into the BBB via SSH terminal and via the Cloud9 terminal. All fail to send the CTRL+Z character.
Anyone come across this before? Is there a terminal emulator mode to set or such like?
I would direct connect to the BBB debug serial port to get a terminal but the connector is not accessible with the cape fitted - doh!

Sounds like you need to configure the ssh client you’re using to allow ctrl + z.

CTRL + Z is job suspend in bash, probably dash also. If you are connected via ssh to the BBB when you are ready to input the CTRL + Z, use CTRL + V, then CTRL + Z. This works with other CTRL sequences in bash also, ala CTRL + J. Mike

CTRL + Z is job suspend in bash, probably dash also. If you are connected via ssh to the BBB when you are ready to input the CTRL + Z, use CTRL + V, then CTRL + Z. This works with other CTRL sequences in bash also, ala CTRL + J.

Not arguing against this point, but puTTY seems to just process ctrl + z straight off. I had noticed in the far distant past that other clients behave differently. Such as I think OpenSSH - which I have not used in a long, long time.

mike@pride-n-joy:~$ ssh -V OpenSSH_6.0p1 Debian-4+deb7u2, OpenSSL 1.0.1k 8 Jan 2015 mike@pride-n-joy:~$ ssh tightrope mike@tightrope’s password: Linux tightrope 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u1 x86_64 The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software; the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright. Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by applicable law. No mail. Last login: Mon Sep 7 15:09:47 2015 from pride-n-joy.srv.localnet mike@tightrope:~$ cat /dev/zero ^Z[1]+ Stopped cat /dev/zero mike@tightrope:~$ fg cat /dev/zero ^C mike@tightrope:~$ ^Z -bash: $’\032’: command not found mike@tightrope:~$ logout Connection to tightrope closed. mike@pride-n-joy:~$ I just setup and tried Putty also, same results… The shell is catching these character combinations not the ssh client or server. The ^Z shown on the command line above was entered as I noted how to earlier. Mike