processorSDK / beagleboard-X15

None of the processor SDK examples currently successfully run on my BBX15. I replace the kernel of original processor SDK by the other one for bbx15. I follow the link https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBoard-X15#BeagleBoard-X15-LinuxKernel, however this kernel `https://github.com/RobertCNelson/ti-linux-kernel-dev.git `may not activate some kernel modules used by the IPC RPMSG ?

some traces :

/usr/share/ti/examples/opencl/monte_carlo$ ./monte_carlo

This code generates Gaussian Random Numbers (0,1) and
calculates how many numbers are less than 0 and more than 0

For more information, refer the OpenCL documentation
located at http://software-dl.ti.com/mctools/esd/docs/opencl/index.html
count positive = 16268 count Negative = 16500 zero 0
ARM Only, Total time 4014126.00 nanoseconds
122.50 nanoseconds per element
32768 elements processed
Ipc_start: LAD_connect() failed: 4
monte_carlo: /home/gtbldadm/processor-sdk-linux-morty-build/build-CORTEX_1/arago-tmp-external-linaro-toolchain/work/am57xx_evm-linux-gnueabi/opencl/1.1.13.0-r0.0/git/host/src/core/dsp/tal/mbox_impl_msgq.cpp:87: MBoxMsgQ::MBoxMsgQ(Coal::DSPDevice*): Assertion `status == Ipc_S_SUCCESS || status == Ipc_S_ALREADYSETUP’ failed.

^CIpc: Caught SIGINT, calling Ipc_stop…

That’s correct…

Use the update_kernel.sh script under /opt/scripts/tools/ with the 4.9.x-ti options and all the needed ti modules will get installed…

Or grab this image…

https://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#microSD.2FStandalone:.28stretch-lxqt.29.28BeagleBoard-X15.29

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. The script “update_kernel.sh” found in repository https://github.com/RobertCNelson/boot-scripts/ has to be executed in beagleboard-x15, likely install pre-compiled kernel modules packges on target ?
apt-get ${apt_options} ${install_pkg}
run_depmod_initramfs=“enabled”

However, I’d like to compile from kernel sources, these modules are in processor sdk in directory board-support/extra-drivers. My question was about how to compile them and make them compatible with the beagleboard x15 ? It was possible with beagleboard-xM and the dvsdk kernel modules.

BR,

My kernel_version=4.9.53-ti-r67

maybe did anyone already test with another version of kernel like the 4.9.28 ?

thanks

Okay, here's my list of packages i extracted from ti's sdk:

https://gist.github.com/RobertCNelson/aca2d52e962c80343857

you need the cmemk module..

Here's my version:

https://github.com/rcn-ee/ti-cmem

Regards,

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your help. Using your guide lines from https://gist.github.com/RobertCNelson/aca2d52e962c80343857
and after compiling near 200 GBytes of OE Bitbake sources, some missing dtb about the am57xx in kernel had been created by touch, now I have several issues that I don’t know how to manage :

Summary: 16 tasks failed :
/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtdeclarative_git.bb:do_unpack
/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-ti/recipes-ti/openmp-rtos/openmp-rtos_git.bb:do_install

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-ti/recipes-bsp/edma3-lld/edma3-lld-rtos_git.bb:do_compile

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-linaro/meta-linaro-toolchain/recipes-devtools/external-linaro-toolchain/external-linaro-toolchain.bb:do_package_qa

ERROR: external-linaro-toolchain-2017.08-r0.arago35.tisdk0 do_package_qa: QA Issue: libubsan rdepends on external-linaro-toolchain-dbg [debug-deps]

ERROR: external-linaro-toolchain-2017.08-r0.arago35.tisdk0 do_package_qa: QA Issue: libasan rdepends on external-linaro-toolchain-dbg [debug-deps]

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-devtools/perl/perl_5.22.1.bb:do_compile

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-linaro/meta-linaro-toolchain/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc_linaro-6.2.bb:do_install

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-arago/meta-arago-extras/recipes-devtools/input-utils/
input-utils_1.0.bb:do_compile

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-browser/recipes-browser/chromium/chromium-wayland_53.0.2785.143.bb:do_compile

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-support/gmp/gmp_6.1.1.bb:do_package_qa
/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-support/db/db_6.0.35.bb:do_package_qa
/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-arago/meta-arago-extras/recipes-core/llvm/ti-llvm3.6_3.6.bb:do_package_qa
/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-support/boost/boost_1.61.0.bb:do_package_qa
/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-arago/meta-arago-extras/recipes-support/loki/libloki_0.1.7.bb:do_package_qa
/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-support/icu/icu_57.1.bb:do_package_qa
/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-util/util-macros_1.19.0.bb:do_packagedata

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your help. Using your guide lines from
x15 TI opencl sdk · GitHub
and after compiling near 200 GBytes of OE Bitbake sources, some missing dtb
about the am57xx in kernel had been created by touch, now I have several
issues that I don't know how to manage :

So you built way more then me.. I only build:

"MACHINE=am57xx-evm bitbake opencl-monitor ipumm-fw vpdma-fw cmem-mod"

Summary: 16 tasks failed :

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtdeclarative_git.bb:do_unpack

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-ti/recipes-ti/openmp-rtos/openmp-rtos_git.bb:do_install

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-ti/recipes-bsp/edma3-lld/edma3-lld-rtos_git.bb:do_compile

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-linaro/meta-linaro-toolchain/recipes-devtools/external-linaro-toolchain/external-linaro-toolchain.bb:do_package_qa

ERROR: external-linaro-toolchain-2017.08-r0.arago35.tisdk0 do_package_qa: QA
Issue: libubsan rdepends on external-linaro-toolchain-dbg [debug-deps]

ERROR: external-linaro-toolchain-2017.08-r0.arago35.tisdk0 do_package_qa: QA
Issue: libasan rdepends on external-linaro-toolchain-dbg [debug-deps]

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-devtools/perl/perl_5.22.1.bb:do_compile

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-linaro/meta-linaro-toolchain/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc_linaro-6.2.bb:do_install

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-arago/meta-arago-extras/recipes-devtools/input-utils/
input-utils_1.0.bb:do_compile

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-browser/recipes-browser/chromium/chromium-wayland_53.0.2785.143.bb:do_compile

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-support/gmp/gmp_6.1.1.bb:do_package_qa

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-support/db/db_6.0.35.bb:do_package_qa

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-arago/meta-arago-extras/recipes-core/llvm/ti-llvm3.6_3.6.bb:do_package_qa

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-support/boost/boost_1.61.0.bb:do_package_qa

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/meta-arago/meta-arago-extras/recipes-support/loki/libloki_0.1.7.bb:do_package_qa

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-support/icu/icu_57.1.bb:do_package_qa

/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-util/util-macros_1.19.0.bb:do_packagedata

No idea, TI has a support list for this ^...

Regards,

Well, so how did you manage to install open embedded packages like on debian or ubuntu distribution ? In ubuntu no opkg on opencl-monitor ipumm-fw vpdma-fw cmem-mod .ipk

Btw, how didn’t bitbake provide a rootfs tarball, may it be somewhere ? sorry it’s so long time ago. I forgot so much. please tell me how to extract the OE rootfs in sdcard ? any guide at anywhere is welcome. Thank you Robert !

Something strange happens on the beagleboard x15 whenever one try to use the processor SDK rootfs and the kernel provided according to https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBoard-X15#BeagleBoard-X15-LinuxKernel => The board stalls in a silent black screen.

It seems so strange, the only compatible, working and tested rootfs are ubuntu and debian, using same kernel u-boot, mlo.

All rootfs is installed in uSD card /dev/sdb1 partition.

I really want to use open embedded packages and the processor SDK rootfs, any idea about the issue ?

The binaries are trivial to extract.

https://github.com/rcn-ee/sdk-firmware/blob/master/opencl-monitor/1.1.13.0-r0.0/extract.sh

Sorry no idea…

Regards,

Robert,

OK. I found the rootfs tarball core-image-minimal-am57xx-evm.tar in
build/arago-tmp-external-linaro-toolchain/deploy/images/am57xx-evm

so now I have arago-project rootfs with the version of kernel 4.9.53-ti-r67 on by x15.
ref. https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBoard-X15

I found the build/arago-tmp-external-linaro-toolchain/deploy/am57xx_evm/opencl-examples-src_1.1.13.0-r0.1_am57xx_evm.ipk
but no opencl-monitor.ipk, seems missing after failure of compilation ?

Btw, the opkg lacks too in this rootfs
root@am57xx-evm:~# opkg
-sh: opkg: not found

It turns out the opencl depends on edma-lld and openmp

I was unable to have opencl compiled in my pc due to some unsatisfied dependencies requirements.

I am so disappointed.

<michel.he@gmail.com> a écrit :

More precision about the failure of compilation :

./maketemp_configuro_cmd_c6xdsp.bat
configuring edma3_drv_bios6_tda2xx_st_sample.xe66 from package/cfg/edma3_drv_bios6_tda2xx_st_sample_pe66.cfg …
error: xdc.cfg.Program: “/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/build/arago-tmp-external-linaro-toolchain/sysroots/am57xx-evm/usr/share/ti/ti-xdctools-tree/packages/xdc/cfg/Program.xs”,
line 71: xdc.cfg.Program : The package ‘ti.sysbios.family.c64p’ is not compatible
with XDCtools used in this build. Please either use XDCtools compatible with that package, or update the product containing that
package, or rebuild the package with XDCtools 3.50 or later.

generating custom ti.sdo.ipc library makefile …
error: xdc.cfg.Program: “/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/build/arago-tmp-external-linaro-toolchain/sysroots/am57xx-evm/usr/share/
ti/ti-xdctools-tree/packages/xdc/cfg/Program.xs”, line 71: xdc.cfg.Program : The package ‘ti.sysbios.knl’ is not compatible with
XDCtools used in this build. Please either use XDCtools compatible with that package, or update the product containing that package,
or rebuild the package with XDCtools 3.50 or later.
js: “/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/build/arago-tmp-external-linaro-toolchain/sysroots/am57xx-evm/usr/share/ti/ti-xdctools-tree/packages/xdc/cfg/Main.xs”,
line 160: Error: Configuration failed!
package.mak:2617: recipe for target ‘package/cfg/bin/ti_platforms_evmDRA7XX_ipu2/ping_rpmsg_pem4.xdl’ failed
make[1]: *** [package/cfg/bin/ti_platforms_evmDRA7XX_ipu2/ping_rpmsg_pem4.xdl] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/family/c647x/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/family/c6a8149/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/family/da830/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/family/dm6446/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/family/omap3530/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/family/omap4430/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/family/tci663x/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/family/tda3xx/] ========
Starting build of library sources …
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/family/ti81xx/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/family/vayu/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/gates/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/heaps/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/interfaces/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/notifyDrivers/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/nsremote/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/ipc/transports/] ========
======== .dlls [./packages/ti/sdo/utils/] ========
configuring smpInstrumented.pem4 from package/cfg/smpInstrumented_pem4.cfg …
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Xss2560k
error: xdc.cfg.Program: “/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/build/arago-tmp-external-linaro-toolchain/sysroots/am57xx-evm/usr/share/
ti/ti-xdctools-tree/packages/xdc/cfg/Program.xs”, line 71: xdc.cfg.Program : The package ‘ti.sysbios.knl’ is not compatible with
XDCtools used in this build. Please either use XDCtools compatible with that package, or update the product containing that package,
or rebuild the package with XDCtools 3.50 or later.
js: “/home/osboxes/bbx15/tisdk/build/arago-tmp-external-linaro-toolchain/sysroots/am57xx-evm/usr/share/ti/ti-xdctools-tree/packages/xdc/cfg/Main.xs”,
line 160: Error: Configuration failed!

Hi all,

Just tested with success the newer version of the Processor-SDK 4.1.0.6. Most of the examples /usr/share/ti/examples/ are currently working using the multicore functionnality. Right now, only edmabw causes kernel crash…