also interesting is that pygames is only at version 1.9.1 as of today:
"pygame 1.9.1 released! - Aug 6, 2009"
http://www.pygame.org/news.html

You might want to recheck your versions and what might really be going
on.

i cannot install pygame2.6, because keep getting modules that i need
to install first.

any ideas?

maybe you mean that python 2.6 isn't installing correctly?

you should probably post what distribution you are running. Some are
using Android, some Angstrom, and others like me are using Ubuntu.
FWIW, the ubuntu install I'm running has python 2.6.2 installed and
pygame v 1.8.1 available( Ubuntu 9.04/jaunty ).

I am using a BeagleBoard (rev B6) to prototype an audio-centric project. I would like it to sound as good as possible through powered speakers. I am running in to some issues.

When I connect the audio out of my BeagleBoard to powered speakers, the audio sounds like it has extra bass. I am have not determined whether this is caused by:
a) my speakers
b) the BeagleBoard doing something to boost the bass signal to compensate for headphones
c) “headphone out → line in” is not supposed to sound good
d) my imagination

I have tried changing settings using alsamixer, but I have not had much success other than changing volume.

I am using the Open Embedded linux distro from gumstix.net (because it has working audio drivers).
http://www.gumstix.net/Software/view/Software-Overo/Setting-up-a-build-environment/111.html

Recommendations?
Should I start looking at the audio driver code to get at more detailed configuration of the audio hardware?
Should I try a different linux computer that has a “better” audio interface? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Tanio

How are you actually getting the audio from the line in to the headphone
out - are you doing a digital loopback? If so, at what sample rate? If
you were to be sampling at 8000Hz, you'd lose all components above 4kHz,
and the sound might very well sound "bassy".

Notice: This e-mail is intended solely for use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, company confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader is not the intended recipient or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If this communication has been transmitted from a U.S. location it may also contain data subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or U.S. Export Administration Regulations and cannot be disseminated, distributed or copied to foreign nationals, residing in the U.S. or abroad, without the prior approval of the U.S. Department of State or appropriate export licensing authority. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail or collect telephone call and del
ete or destroy all copies of this e-mail message, any physical copies made of this e-mail message and/or any file attachment(s).

BeagleBoard headphone out → line in on powered computer speakers
(No loopback).

Audio is stereo 16bit 44100Hz
I am using “aplay” to playback a WAV file.

I noticed that opkg installs those versions for some reason. My
solution
was to bitbake the pygame package myself, transfer it to the board and
install it directly.
-Jesse

Hey Jesse,
In case you’re still reading 6 years later: Any chance you could post an angstrom binary for pygame, or a tutorial on how to bitbake it? The angstrom python-pygame package seems to have been removed.
Thanks,
Jordan