QNX on BBB

Hi all,

I intend to run QNX on BBB A6A. Has anyone any kind of experience or information of the QNX BSP for BBB?

• QNX foundry27 is not available on that topic
  • could not find any current texts on this in the internet
  • TI does not support this topic
  • latest QNX entry in this forum is 10 moth ago
  • QNX support has not answered my question yet

Thanks for hints.

Regards,
Thorsten.

Have you searched QNX for what they support? If not this page pretty much spells it out for you:

http://www.qnx.com/partners/ti/
hint: the page title is “QNX Support for TI AM335x”

Doug

hey doug, thanks for reply.
yes I lready did and also found that, lets say … claim :wink:

QNX support did not respond yet and the links on their pages on that topic all end dead on foundry 27.
first glance it looks that there is something going on but nothing to find after some digging.

regarding QNX I wonder in what situation they are at all currently. After being sold to RIM ist there still interest in other embedded market, than automotive and mobile communication?

Several emails to sales for quotes and services for technical issues are not been responded.

hey doug, thanks for reply.
yes I lready did and also found that, lets say … claim :wink:

QNX support did not respond yet and the links on their pages on that topic all end dead on foundry 27.
first glance it looks that there is something going on but nothing to find after some digging.

I had only clicked through a couple of those links when I found I needed to register with them. So I guess you were able to register and get an account but you’re saying those links are server 404 errors?
That should probably be brought up with their webmaster and/or posted to another forum regarding the forum support and not “technical support” as in QNX tech support. It would be quite strange that they would link to download images and not have functioning images available.

regarding QNX I wonder in what situation they are at all currently. After being sold to RIM ist there still interest in other embedded market, than automotive and mobile communication?

This may be the only thing they will have left of value as their phone/communicator business faulters. IIRC I saw an automotive control system vendor state they were going to QNX. It does have a market.

Several emails to sales for quotes and services for technical issues are not been responded.

if the question was if they support the BeagleBone and they don’t know their links and support pages are non-functional then they might be swamped with other “technical” issues instead of thinking they just need to point out they have pages stating the support is there. As you stated your question in this forum and how quickly I found that they state specifically supporting Beaglebone I wondered what ‘work’ you really did to find the answer. It looked pretty obvious there was support.

Doug

yes I did register and there are broken links and I already posted this to QNX, as said without response.

finding the beagleboard or BBB on the support page without any further info or data, does not convince me that they are really supporting it in the basic manner of understanding the word support or that thei have anything working there. All this could be circumstantial. What bothers me, ist that the community on this topic seems to be quite small, if exintent at all.

Yea I spend quite a time now in investigating this issue and yes there ist some hints to find, but no substential data, or real source.
Best hope for now ist that foudry27 fixes the links and there might me a whole new world behind it :wink:

Seems QNX is updating the website .
QNX Release 6.6 for several days ago .maybe they want to have some archive work ?

Or
maybe QNX will NOT release BSP source code ???

They do release it. I have a copy. You need to be signed up on their site to get the downloads.

I am seeing the broken links now … If anyone wants the BSP, let me know. It also contains a prebuilt image. I am interested in using QNX on the BBB, but lack the skills to put together a flashable uSD.

tonsofbuys,

it would be good to have at least something to get started but finally it is imperative that QNX supports this issue. Without any official release and/or support I would not use the QNX OS at all.

Two days ago I got response from QNX Germany Support. The answer was a question what I want do to with the BSP.

issue solved.

this is how it works:

1. get in contact with your local qnx representative and get a another support companies address
  2. convince the support company to give you a recommendation for foundry27 project
  3. write an application to join the foundry project (the registration alone is not doing the trick)
  4. once you get accepted, there it is …

… all the brave new world I hoped for :wink:

Yes there is QNX 6.6 and there is support for BBB including BSP and boot and docs and stuff

Seems not so obvious.
So QNX has an opensource part but for BBB it implies these steps …

Thorsten,

If you get an image that can be written to a uMC and flashed to the BBB, could you please contact me - sales@dsgep.com

Thanks

If you dont care about the boot time .
You can boot with u-boot from sd card . then , load ifs to 0x81000000
Also , you can add fdisk to your own ifs , when boot up , use fdisk and mkqnx6fs on eMMC
You can use dd to write ifs in to /dev/hd0 , and when boot up , mount eMMC as rootfs .

What’s your current problem ?

Please see:

https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/beagleboard&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&showtabs=true&hideforumtitle=true&parenturl=http%3A%2F%2Fbeagleboard.org%2FCommunity%2FForums#!categories/beagleboard

Sorry, part of the URL got cut off …

https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/beagleboard&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&showtabs=true&hideforumtitle=true&parenturl=http%3A%2F%2Fbeagleboard.org%2FCommunity%2FForums#!searchin/beagleboard/hiring/beagleboard/pyWPkM9mDDA/hBrUh34aCy8J

How is your going ?
Can you boot to the console now ?

Did you read at all?

I do not have the skills to do this. I am not asking for instructions. I am willing to pay someone to do this for me.

Get QNX boot from BBB board will take no much time ,but sedona ??

Just as a suggestion , use Linux , maybe you have chance ,since Oracle only release JDK for linux on ARM platform .