Raw audio processing using Gstreamer and DSP

Hi,
     I'm currently designing a raw audio processing application
(mostly filtering, amplifying,etc) which will read data samples from
an external board. I would like to use Gstreamer to perform the audio
processing in Beagleboard's DSP. I have only found multimedia
processing plugins (GstOpenMAX, gst-dsp), but I wasn't able to find a
Gstreamer's pluging for audio processing that uses Beagle's DSP. Could
you please let me know if there is any pluging I could use?.

Thanks!,
Alex.

gst-dsp is meant for OMAP3 DSP, so it works on the beagleboard, but
nobody has used it to process audio yet.

Cheers.

Hi Felipe,
I was looking at gst-dsp project page and it seems to have several features for multimedia processing, but It doesn’t mention raw audio processing. This is what you meant when you said that nobody has used it yet for audio processing?. Has gst-dsp other features related to audio processing that I missed?. If I wanted to use gst-dsp for audio and the feature I need is not implemented, what would you recommend me?. May I use DSPBridge or should I try to expand the functionality of gst-dsp to include this new feature?

Thanks,
Alex.

Alejandro Thoux wrote:

Hi Felipe,
               I was looking at gst-dsp project page and it seems to have several features for multimedia processing,
but It doesn't mention raw audio processing. This is what you meant when you said that nobody has used it yet for audio
processing?. Has gst-dsp other features related to audio processing that I missed?. If I wanted to use gst-dsp for
audio and the feature I need is not implemented, what would you recommend me?. May I use DSPBridge or should I try to
expand the functionality of gst-dsp to include this new feature?

you can use either bridge directly or gst-dsp, but in both
cases you also have to write the actual audio processing code
that will run on the dsp as well.

Hi,

I am sumith,working in beagle board. May I know is any chance to perform audio processing using beagle board xm rev c.

Thank you.

Yes, there is a chance, since the beagle xm has audio in and out and a quite powerful cpu.

Hi Sir,

Thank you.

Could you tell me which audio library we can use for audio processing using C compiler for beagle-board xm?

Hi Sir,

Thank you.

Could you tell me which audio library we can use for audio processing using C compiler for beagle-board xm?