RE: Cross-Compiling apt: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6)

Hello,

I started to cross-compile and I am getting some headway here on my compilations. It seems I have been stumped so far w/ this error:

apt: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.29’ not found (required by /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6)
`

So, I made an addition to my BBB from eclipse on a cross-compiled version of libstdc++.so.6.0.xx. If you know how to resolve this issue w/out me going backwards, please do chime in.

Seth

P.S. I used sftp to get the required libstdc++.so.6 onboard the BBB but it seems that there is a snag, i.e. as you can tell.

Hello,

I mean, would i need to coss-compile glibc_2.29 from source and go from that point forward?

Seth

What platform are you cross-compiling on? Windows, Ubuntu, Debian, … so on.

Are you following instructions from a particular web site or other source?

Jon

Debian Buster on the Beagle uses glibc 2.28, your mistake was building
your application against glibc 2.29... So fix your cross compiler..

Regards,

Hello,

Sorry. Ubuntu Focal 5.4.0-58-generic, 20.04.x LTS. The compilation is done from this page online: https://github.com/Teknic-ClearPath/TekTips-BeagleBone-Examples/blob/master/CrossCompilingBeagleBone.doc.

That doc. is completed up to the point of 9. I cannot configure remote debugging but that is not the issue right now as my BBB is held useless w/out the glibc_2.29 versioning. I changed it back to the correct version.

Seth

P.S. So, for now, my BBB works. I can break things to make it work but I would rather be able to switch in b/t versioning.

Hello,

Gotcha. Okay. The compiler. Sheesh.

Seth