RE: Python3 and Go-To Python for Python-Xbee

Hello,

How can I make sure that Python3 is default on Debian when installing a package, i.e. sudo pip install digi-xbee?

Seth

P.S. The installation fails b/c Python2 is at default. If this is not an appropriate question, I understand and I will look elsewhere.

Use pip3

Regards,

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 01:35:02 -0700 (PDT), Mala Dies
<functt@gmail.com> declaimed the following:

Hello,

How can I make sure that Python3 is default on Debian when installing a
package, i.e. sudo pip install digi-xbee?

Hello Sir,

You were right. I scrounged around online and found out about pip3. Thank you, again.

Seth

Hello,

Yep. I installed python3-pip and then used pip3 to install the digi-xbee library.

Seth

Hello Sir,

I do not think pip3 is working any longer. Is it working for you?

Seth

P.S. I got a new image, I tried to get python3-pip installed by this cmd, sudo apt install python3-pip, and then I used this cmd, sudo pip3 install digi-xbee, to install my library. No go. Is anyone else having issues?

I had the package installed, but pip3 wasn’t there for some reason. I uninstalled and reinstalled, which fixed it. You might try that.
Rich

Hello Rich,

Seth here. Thank you. You know, I give that advice a lot these days, i.e. uninstall and reinstall it. I should have thought of this idea. Guess what?

You are probably going to get a kick out of this idea. I had the package already installed but it did not show it was already satisfied.

Seth

P.S. Thank you for replying.