RE: Replicape and the BBB/Growing Partitions...

Hello,

I am using a Replicape on the BBB. I am trying to grow the partition to fit my SD card size. Is this possible w/ the Umikaze image based on Ubuntu 16.0.4? I have performed this action many times on the BBB images based on the Debian Distros.

Seth

P.S. I have a SD Card in the BBB w/ the Replicape attached and I am viewing the grow_partition.sh file. This script looks fine and dandy but for some reason, unknown on my skillset, nothing seems to grow my partition. I get an error: script_halting, could detect drive…

Hello Once More,

I am basically performing from this page online: https://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Expanding_File_System_Partition_On_A_microSD.

Seth

P.S. If you know of where I could be mistaken, please let me know.

Hello Once More,

Seth here. I tried fdisk and some other avenues. I see that my patition is dos on Linux. Although out of date and not LVM, I guess it is okay for now. I found a couple of tutorials online but they all state I must back up info. and erase/unmount the partition and create it again. Is there another way around that you are aware of?

Seth

P.S. If you have any juicy knowledge, please give. I could use it.

Hello,

w/ the version Umikaze 2.1.1 (based on Ubuntu), use echo ,+ | sudo fsdisk --no-reread -N 1 /dev/mmcblk0

after you reboot, use sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p1

This should give you some idea on how to grow your partition to its full capabilities. This was taught to me tonight by a person. If this person wants credit, this person will step forward.

Seth

P.S. Geaux Cajuns!

Hello…thank you zmatt.

Seth