Red component switched on.

Hi,

I've got a couple of BeagleBoards here and one of them has developed a
fault. Its DVI red video output is permanently turned on full.

Quite confused as to why it's happened as it was just red when I
booted up one morning. It's not the cables, or the monitor, at fault
as I've tried others. Nothing appears to have gotten inside the
standard plastic box...

Has anyone seen and fixed a similar fault? I presume it's a return to base job.

Regards,
Dave

I have never heard of this one before. I suggest you request an RMA and have it fixed.

Gerald

I've got a couple of BeagleBoards here and one of them has developed a
fault. Its DVI red video output is permanently turned on full.

I have never heard of this one before. I suggest you request an RMA and have
it fixed.

I have two BB with exact the same sympton. Both are B4. Is this now
know as a common problem?

Robert

It has happened a few times, maybe 5-6 out of 5000 boards. I think is may have something to do with plugging in the monitor cable with the Beagle powered on but it has happened so few times, we can’t get a good line on the issue and people refuse to tell us exactly what they did, so it i shard to tell. It is repaired by replacing the TFP410.

Gerald

Gerald Coley wrote:

It has happened a few times, maybe 5-6 out of 5000 boards. I think is may have something to do with plugging in the monitor cable with the Beagle powered on but it has happened so few times, we can't get a good line on the issue and people refuse to tell us exactly what they did, so it i shard to tell. It is repaired by replacing the TFP410.
Gerald

This has happened on mine (a B4) - although it is blue that has gone on mine. I can't really give any info on what caused it, but I can say that I never plugged the monitor cable in or out with the Beagle powered on.

How much is this likely to cost to repair? And is there anywhere in the UK that could do it?

Darius.

All repair is done in the US, but you can buy the part from DigiKey and get pretty much any assembly house to replace it. If you have the skills, you could do it yourself.

Gerald

I have a better idea. Do an RMA request and they can send you an advance replacement which will save a lot of time.

Gerald