Rev. C eMMC size question

I have a new Rev. C board and everything I have read indicates the eMMC is 4GB. However, after removing a few files (from Robert Nelson’s posts about freeing up some memory) and adding some others (a couple of node js packages), I checked the size with df and here is the result:

root@beaglebone:~# df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

rootfs 1.7G 1.2G 383M 76% /

udev 10M 0 10M 0% /dev

tmpfs 100M 588K 99M 1% /run

/dev/disk/by-uuid/10c4da64-555d-4cf9-b4b0-d39c75c9886e 1.7G 1.2G 383M 76% /

tmpfs 249M 0 249M 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs 249M 0 249M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

tmpfs 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user

tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock

/dev/mmcblk0p1 96M 74M 22M 78% /boot/uboot

This looks like 2GB to me, not 4. How do I gain access to the other 2GB?

You need to resize the rootfs image to take up the rest of the eMMC. Whats left availible that is.

It looks to me like you have a Rev B with 2GB..

The factory flasher script calls sfdisk with:

1,96,0xe,*

Robert,
That’s what I thought but the box clearly says Rev C and the sticker on the side of the P8 headers says C as well.
I tried resizing as suggested:

root@beaglebone:~# sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2

resize2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)

The filesystem is already 444160 blocks long. Nothing to do!

So, what to do next??? Are there actually Rev C boards with 2GB eMMC?

So I looked up the number on the Micron website and sure enough, the eMMC is a 2GB. So, buyers out there, beware. I bought my BBB from Adafruit a couple of weeks back (had to wait on stock to arrive) specifically as a Rev C board and paid more for a Rev C board. I am a little bothered by the fact that I was sold a Rev C board that is marked as a Rev C board and yet it does not meet the Rev C specs.

So I looked up the number on the Micron website and sure enough, the eMMC is a 2GB. So, buyers out there, beware. I bought my BBB from Adafruit a couple of weeks back (had to wait on stock to arrive) specifically as a Rev C board and paid more for a Rev C board. I am a little bothered by the fact that I was sold a Rev C board that is marked as a Rev C board and yet it does not meet the Rev C specs.

Contact them asap, might end up being a bigger stocking issue.

Contact them asap, might end up being a bigger stocking issue.

I’ve posted on the Adafruit forum. Hopefully, this is an anomaly and not one piece of a big problem. For my use, the Rev B board will work but I would have liked the bigger eMMC.