RevC3/C4 Connectors recommendations

Hi all,

We are making a custom daughterboard to connect to both the expansion and LCD ports on a Rev C3/C4 Beagleboard. We are having trouble finding connectors that match heights and are wondering what solutions others recommend. What is our best path?

Gerald, what recommendations do you have from the design perspective?

-Stevo Brock
Sunset Magicwerks

They are listed in the System Reference Manual.

Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but the recommended connectors in the System Reference Manual do not allow a single daughterboard to connect to both ports at the same time as they are of different heights. Or is there a combination of connectors that are the same height?

-Stevo

There is no combination that give you the same exact same height but they still will work. You can refer to the -xM BOM for the connectors we use there.

Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Consulting the BOM, I see these part #s:

LSWSS-114-D-02-T-LF
HDR 10X2_1.27mm

But there is no manufacturer or distributor info. Who manufactures each of these parts?

-Stevo

From the SRM page 115:

"The selected supplier for this socket is Major League Electronics

http://www.mlelectronics.com/ and the part number is LSWSS-114-D-02-T-LF. Other suppliers may

be available as well and can be used as long as it is compatible with this socket. This socket is mounted on the BACK of the BeagleBoard".

Gerald

You can also check page 106, Table 27 as well.

Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your continued clarification. The part descriptions are not yet in the A2 version of the -xM SRM and the expansion connector info is not in the C3 SRM.

-Stevo

There are part numbers and links to the suppliers in the Rev C4 SRM. What else are you looking for?

Gerald

One more thing. The part description are not in the -xM SRM because they are already on the board as shipped. That would put them in the BOM. That is why I suggested the C4 where there is a list of the part numbers and links to the suppliers. These are the same parts we use on the -xM.

Gerald

Hi Gerald,

We’re good and have found the parts on the Major League website. I was simply thanking you for persisting in giving info. When we started this project, the latest version was C3. In that SRM, there are details for the LCD connector, but not the expansion connector. When I asked the question this morning, you referred me to the -xM BOM which I consulted. It has part numbers but not manufacturer info which is why I asked further. You kindly told me the supplier and referenced the C4 SRM which was not a place I had looked.

-Stevo

Great! Glad you got what you needed!

Gerald