RS485 Comms Cape A2

I am writing to you because I have a problem with the RS485 communication.
I’m using the “Beaglebone Comms Cape A2”.
I use UART4 port (/dev/ttyS4)
I configured PIN 13 and 11 as UART and all serial parameters are correct.
I also use the latest version of the board firmware.
The problem is that I can only send data correctly but I don’t receive anything. Can you suggest me a solution? Thank you

Hi Domenico,

I am currently experiencing the same issue described. Did you find a resolution to the problem?

Cole

Hello @cpeet and @Domenico_Traina ,

I am not sure exactly what image and firmware you are referring to currently. I use the 2023-10-07 image with Bookworm as the OS and Bullseye as the OS.

I have noticed some things different on each, different OS.

Anyway, /dev/bone/uart/* is where the UART pins are located now for file description.

Also, the COMMS Cape should be plug and play for specific kernels and images.

For instance, on Bullseye 2023-10-07, I saw the COMMS Cape .dtbo file in the /overlays/ section of the fs.

It, once attached and powered, should just work. I am not 100% sure of the COMMS Cape with the current Bookworm distro produced by the beagleboard.org people.

Seth

P.S. I hope this helps a bit. If you two are having any more trouble with the Cape, maybe try a .dts of known past that used to work and update it. I know the new specification is out for the DTS or has been out. I am not sure which exact DTS spec. was used when the COMMS Cape was in action.

Just some ideas here…

Seth - this is insightful info. I greatly appreciate your help with this and we got it resolved on our end.
Thanks

1 Like