rtl8192cu always rfkilled on Debian Jessie (systemd?)

All,

I have been trying for weeks in vain to get rfkill to unblock (soft) (and leave unblocked) wlan0, an rtl8192cu.

relevant software versions:
systemd 215-17+deb8u4rcnee1~bpo80+20160313+1
rfkill 0.5-1

root@beaglebone:/var/lib/systemd/rfkill# uname -a
Linux beaglebone 4.1.15-ti-rt-r40 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Jan 7 23:32:08 UTC 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

I’ve tried systemd’s boot time parameter systemd.restore_state=1, and modified /var/lib/systemd/rfkill/platform-musb-hdrc.1.auto-usb-0:1:1.0:phy0, with both a 0, and a 1 in the file. Regardless of the contents of platform-musb-hdrc.1.auto-usb-0:1:1.0:phy0, wlan0 was softblocked after systemd was through.

Examining kernel-parameters.txt, I next went for: rfkill.default_state=1 rfkill.master_switch_mode=0
wlan0 was still soft-blocked

I next added a pre-up line, “pre-up rfkill unblock wifi”, to /etc/network/interfaces, which brought the interface up, and then rfkill shut it down ~7 seconds later, and soft-blocked it.

I would greatly appreciate any help you guys might have in getting rfkill to enable wifi on boot. There was a thread back in December of 2015, which recommended network-manager, but I prefer connmand, and as rcn-ee pointed out in that thread, there are issues with network manager, and the ethernet port.

Andrew

been fighting connman with this on bluetooth... Make sure connman settings
under WiFi has "Enable=true". i had been looking under rfkill/systemd the
whole time..

/var/lib/connman/settings

[WiFi]
Enable=true

Regards,

Did you uncomment the auto wlan0 line in the /etc/network/interfaces ? I dit , and got the same error, can’t get wlan0 working after reboot,

here is what I found in a book :exploring beaglebone black

if you uncomment the auto wlan0 line in the /etc/network/interfaces file, then the wireless interface will start on boot. You should not make this change until the adapter is fully working.