Setup a Bluetooth SPP slave connection on BBBW

Hello everybody!

I’m using for a few years now your BeagleBone Black board to create an embedded device communicating with an Android phone with Bluetooth SPP profile. To achieve that, I connected a bluetooth module to UART and I used to communicate with it directly addressing the corresponding serial port in my Java application (sending AT commands for conf and exchanging data).
I recently bought a BeagleBone Black Wireless since BT is already here (which is, by the way, a great idea!).

After a few days of investigation, I have not been able to setup my board so an external device connection is automatically redirected to a serial port I could use through my Java app.
So here are my questions:

1. Is there any ways to achieve that using RFCOMM and BLUEZ?
  2. Is there any ways I could deactivate Bluez and directly access the bluetooth module (then keeping doing things as I used to)?

Please note that the board is not connecting the an external device. The external device connects to the board. I saw plenty of articles on how to go from the board to the device. But I’m looking for the other way!

Thank you very much for your help!!
Florian