setup SPI via DMA

i need to read data from DSP via SPI , somwhere here i found man how to run spi via /dev/spi and it work for me, now i want to try same thing via DMA, but cant find any man or sample about it. can you show me some information?

Can you tell us the board you are talking about so we don’t have to guess?

Gerald

sorry. i’m working with am3517 craneboard

Interesting. OK. We don’t have much support here for that board. I don’t know anyone that has one. I have seen maybe 2 questions over the years on this board. I guess we can wait and see if anyone has feedback for you on this.

Gerald

now i’m using kernel 2.32

this board is similar BeagleBoard

I am familiar withe Craneboard. It has no DSP.

Gerald

of course, DSP is external device

Why don’t you ask Mistral directly? These guys are very nice and kindly reply very fast and

I didn’t think about it, I’ll try

i need to read data from DSP via SPI , somwhere here i found man how to run spi via /dev/spi and it work for me, now i want to try same thing via DMA, but cant find any man or sample about it. can you show me some information?

You need to write a kernel module or device driver if you want to use SPI with DMA. You don’t have to do anything special to use DMA because the SPI driver is written to use DMA when the size of the transfer exceeds a certain threshold.

Regards,
John