show-pins with AI-64 support added

Here is show-pins with AI-64 support added (and a little bit of general clean-up).
Very handy when making device tree changes. Comments / suggestions welcome.

sha256sum: edcba270e98dcdd48f9ac00c0ae90ba0a4d053f554da22a9be3e8fe8389bba0f
Diff against against rcn’s current version (i.e. don’t trust random scripts from the Internet).

2 Likes

Note that this “show-pins.pl” is some modified version of an extremely ancient version of my script. The primary repository for my show-pins utility is here:

(with different branches for different boards)

Thanks for the correct attribution. I simply started with the file I found on my AI (/opt/scripts/device/bone/show-pins.pl). /opt/scripts being tied to rcn’s repo boot-scripts/show-pins.pl at master · RobertCNelson/boot-scripts · GitHub

Suggestions on making an “official” version with support for all Beagles? I always find this utility very useful (Thanks @zmatt). It seems we should make it part of the standard distro for AI-64 (TDA4VM) like we did for AM3358. I hacked up one to include both AM3358 and AM5729 at one time. Input on where to maintain is appreciated. @zmatt, I’m not sure you’d want to accept my messy patches to do things like unify each SoC in a single script.

Since I spent a fair amount of time on this already I’m willing to submit a patch. Just tell me where. show-pins for BBx/BBAI comes from RCN’s boot-scripts repo I think. But on the AI64 there is no /opt/scripts (yet?)

Awesome, please push out your version on github or https://git.beagleboard.org/ … If @zmatt want’s to take it, push it here:

Once you’ve posted it, I’ll package it up into a debian package. (We’ve moved mostly away from /opt/scripts/ to discrete debian packages with bullseye…)

Regards,

PR opened on GitHub - RobertCNelson/boot-scripts: Just a bunch of useful scripts placed under /opt/scripts/

awesome @jks ! i’ll merge that as-is…

I’ve also forked @zmatt repo here, and will create a beagle branch, as i think @jkridner did a few hacks already that didn’t make it into @zmatt repo…

Regards

I’ve tried following the links but am coming up short for the verstion with AI-64 support. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Link in first post should still work.