Simple schematic editor as intuitive as grease pencil on quadrule?

Hello,

Hey, Jason - your reference to the Engineer’s Notebook (re: elciot18 / ale) really hit a chord with me as I’ve thought about an electronics blog inspired by it but updated to 3.3V and 1.8V logic and other things. I haven’t had bandwidth to work on it until lately, and of course, other things are starting to hop now, too!

I need a really simple schematics editor, and an upgrade path after I hit its limits.

Do you or anyone have any suggestions? I might just use a stylus on my 2in1 laptop, but it would be nice to work at a slightly higher level!

Thanks,
Fred

Hello,

Hey, Jason - your reference to the Engineer’s Notebook (re: elciot18 / ale) really hit a chord with me as I’ve thought about an electronics blog inspired by it but updated to 3.3V and 1.8V logic and other things. I haven’t had bandwidth to work on it until lately, and of course, other things are starting to hop now, too!

I need a really simple schematics editor, and an upgrade path after I hit its limits.

Do you or anyone have any suggestions? I might just use a stylus on my 2in1 laptop, but it would be nice to work at a slightly higher level!

There’s not much simpler than Fritzing.

PocketBeagle is one of the core parts: https://github.com/fritzing/fritzing-parts/blob/master/core/PocketBeagle.fzp

After many years looking for something both functional adn reasonably
easy to use I've settled on gschem which is part of geda.

Thanks - I’ve started trying fritzing. I haven’t seen where the pocket beagle is in the core parts. Do I need to do something to install it?

I also have gEDA/gschem on my list.

Thanks!

-fek

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 19:10:57 -0700 (PDT), Fred Kerr
<fekerr@gmail.com> declaimed the following:

Thanks - I've started trying fritzing. I haven't seen where the pocket
beagle is in the core parts. Do I need to do something to install it?

Have you tried a search for "pocketbeagle" (I couldn't find it in the
core bin visually, but the search finds it).

If that doesn't find it, try "help/check for update".

Last ditch -- download the master list

(The PocketBeagle does show in "core" at that site. If you need a BBB, try
installing GitHub - adafruit/Fritzing-Library: Adafruit parts, components, breakouts, etc...in Fritzable format! )