State of uio_pruss in 4.1.18-ti and later kernels?

I'm getting back into my BBB project after MANY months away. I've got the 3/27 build of 8.3/4.1.18-rt installed on a BBGreen. I'm working toward installing all the components for my project, and one of them is uio_pruss.

Does anyone know the status of uio_pruss in 4.1.18? I've lost track of which kernels supported it and which didn't. I feel like a -ti kernel won't have support for it. I also think I need to get a much more recent kernel installed to properly support the audio stuff I want to do, but I don't have my old BBB accessible at the moment to see what it's got installed.

So, if anyone knows off the top of their head, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

the non-ti have uio_pruss:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-image-4.1.20-bone-rt-r20
sudo reboot

Regards,

Thanks, Robert. I just updated to linux-image-4.4.6-bone-rt-r6, partly because I'm hoping for some improvements to audio support. Any caveats with 4.4.6?

Thanks, Robert. I just updated to linux-image-4.4.6-bone-rt-r6, partly because I’m hoping for some improvements to audio support. Any caveats with 4.4.6?

uio_pruss might not be fully working… So test that first…

Regards,

Thanks, will do.

Please, pretty please could you map which kernel versions work correctly with what Beaglebone functions on the elinux site. It seems we can’t have it all with a single kernel at the moment. I’ve been sticking with either the kernels in “Latest” at beagleboard.org or your testing images – some of which have been -ti, others -ti-rt Seems I may be chasing my tail with some things doomed from the start by the “wrong” kernel version :frowning:

I see at least the following features that need kernel choice guidance, I suspect there are others:

Full Cape Support
uio_pruss
other pru development methods – pruss_remoteproc, and perhaps others I’m not aware of
Bonescript/Node-red

It seems that uio_pruss works in 4.4.6-bone-rt-r6!

Thanks!