TCP/IP communication.

Hi,

I am using a Beagleboard x15. I want to connect this board with a device via TCP/IP. The device has an IP: 10.0.0.8; port 11100. I used Qt functions to programming:
@ mSocket ->connectToHost(ui->server->text(),ui->port->value());
if(mSocket->waitForConnected(1000))
{
QMessageBox::information(this,“Server”,“Connected!”);
}
else
{
QMessageBox::critical(this,“Error”,mSocket->errorString());
}@
text(): IP address: 10.0.0.8; value(): port number: 11100

I couldn’t connect to device with message error: “Network unreachable”. In BBx15, I tried to change the IP of eth0 to 10.0.0.100. But I don’t know it should be DHCP or STATIC IP?

Actually, when I plugged in the cable into the board, I couldn’t boot my board, until I plugged out and rebooted. Can anyone give me an advice? Thank you.

Hi,

I am using a Beagleboard x15. I want to connect this board with a device via TCP/IP. The device has an IP: 10.0.0.8; port 11100. I used Qt functions to programming:
@ mSocket ->connectToHost(ui->server->text(),ui->port->value());
if(mSocket->waitForConnected(1000))
{
QMessageBox::information(this,“Server”,“Connected!”);
}
else
{
QMessageBox::critical(this,“Error”,mSocket->errorString());
}@
text(): IP address: 10.0.0.8; value(): port number: 11100

I couldn’t connect to device with message error: “Network unreachable”.

You are making us guess a lot. How did the X15 network config come up and is the device actually reachable? What does ‘ifconfig -a’ tell you?

In BBx15, I tried to change the IP of eth0 to 10.0.0.100. But I don’t know it should be DHCP or STATIC IP?

You’d typically utilize the DHCP already configured on the Debian X15 images. If you need it to be static, use ‘connmanctl’ as connman is currently configured to own the interface on those images.

Actually, when I plugged in the cable into the board, I couldn’t boot my board, until I plugged out and rebooted. Can anyone give me an advice? Thank you.

Hard to say here for me. Not sure if your board was attempting network boot or anything fun like that. Can you capture the serial log at boot?