UART not enabeling

Dear all,

I have gone through quiet a few post listed here under UART, but still I have not been able to enable my UART, I have done the following:

  1. I am using 3.8.13-bone50 #1 SMP on Debian 7.5, its the default image without any changes. But still when I change uEnv to enable UART it just doesn’t enable. it just show ttyO0 and ttyO1.

Changes I made in uEnv were: cape_enable=capemgr.enable_partno=BB-UART1, BB-UART2, BB-UART4, BB-UART5

  1. On one post here it was also mentioned that a different driver (from Omap) links the serial port to tty"S" so I also tried running a serial loopback program (attached) to no success.

I am sorry for bugging you all with such a trivial matter, I know it is something very simple that I am missing, but somehow I am not able to find what that is.

So, need some expert experienced eyes to spot the mistake. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

uart.c (2.84 KB)

That's because you have " " (spaces between them ^) so really you just set:



Dear Mr.Nelson,

Thank you for pointing out, Yes, It fixed the issue.

Deeply grateful for your time.