ubifs on beagleaboard rev c3

Hi team,

I’m trying to flash an create an ubifs image to be flashed onto my beagle NAND.
There are certain NAND specific parameters which I’m unaware of and I need to pass them to mkfs.ubifs and ubinize utility to create a flashable ubifs/ubi image.

I have no idea from where to get these numbers and it would be really helpful if someone can provide me the correct beagleboard NAND specific numbers for the following variables:

• “minimum I/O unit size”
  • “logical erasable block size”
  • “sub-page size”, whether my NAND supports sub-pages or not and if yes then how by what number.

Thanks for your concern.
regards,
Amit Pundir

Hi team,

I'm trying to flash an create an ubifs image to be flashed onto my beagle NAND.
There are certain NAND specific parameters which I'm unaware of and I need to pass them to mkfs.ubifs and ubinize utility to create a flashable ubifs/ubi image.

I have no idea from where to get these numbers

The mtd-util folks have documented it really well on their website.

and it would be really helpful if someone can provide me the correct beagleboard NAND specific numbers for the following variables:
- "minimum I/O unit size"
- "logical erasable block size"
- "sub-page size", whether my NAND supports sub-pages or not and if yes then how by what number.

Anyway, for the lazy people: beagleboard.conf « machine « conf - openembedded - Classic OpenEmbedded Development Tree

regards,

Koen

Anyway, for the lazy people: http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/conf/machine/beagleboard.conf

Thank you :slight_smile:

regards,
Amit Pundir