uEnv.txt

Anyone know why the test imaged shipped with the BB-xM will not accept optargs correctly?

cat /proc/cmdline does not show any uEnv.txt parameters being executed yet the video does come up as 720p.

The issue that is causing me heartburn is to segment the memory for DSP functions

mem=99M@0x80000000 mem=384M@0x88000000 will not work and so cmemk will not install.

This works on a generic Narcissus build but I cannot get uvcvideo working not that build and a full gnome build on Narcissus stops booting
after it gets a ip address…

This is really frustrating. Am I really going to have to fiddle with bit baking a new build?

You still haven't provided any info on how you are trying to set that or what the exact steps and codes are you.

I set it in uenv.txt and I get:

root@beagleboard:~# cat /proc/cmdline
console=tty1 quiet mpurate=800 mem=99M@0x80000000 mem=384M@0x88000000 buddy=beacon buddy2=bbtoys-ulcd camera=none vram=12M omapfb.mode=dvi:640x480MR-16@60 omapdss.def_disp=lcd root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ro rootfstype=ext3 rootwait

This may not be your problem, but I’ve seen where having cr-lf characters will keep u-boot from importing uEnv.txt. Usually these are automatically added by Microsofty products like Wordpad.

You would need to run the file through a utility to remove the extra characters. In Ubuntu I think this would be called ‘fromdos’.

Otherwise, I have had no problems creating and working with uEnv.txt.

John

dos2unix.

rday