Viveris

Hello…I am working with the BBAI-64 and getting a pop up of Viveris so far after updating/upgrading…

I decided to research the ideas revolving around Viveris and they are even located as a private co. on NI.

Seth

P.S. I am not so much inquiring because I do not trust your 501(c) or your organization…

I am inquiring because on Win 11, I can already see my FS. Neat. Also, outside of the FS showing in Win 11, I am trying to conquer the Building of a couple of PWM and GPIO pins to be used for the motor(s) in question.

So far, I can get /dev/bone/pwm/1/ to show but that last backslash is not really relevant as nothing is showing in the */1/* file…nothing.

Also, the GPIO in question, BONE-LED_P9_11.dts/.dtbo is conquered but the GPIO is unavailable and the machine keeps quitting on me… It seems everything I am doing is incorrect or wrong and the machine knows it. ha. All jokes aside, as soon as I get frisky with the board and get some leeway on building, it stops itself!

Can you post a screen shot of this. Is this on your 64 or the host box?

What are you doing to trigger this event?

Hello…

If the “issue” does not go away by the time I get back, I will repost with the screen shot and data…

Also, the source is just some class, function, and trailing source…

Oh! The Viveris or whatever is stated shows off the FS and Boot partitions on my Win 11 system. It shows the FS of the BBAI-64 on my Win 11 desktop.

Seth

P.S. I will get back at it soon. I “need” to run across town and mow. Blah.

It’s a mtp Damon to share selected fs over USB, I’m using it to share /boot/firmware/ so users can edit sysconfig.txt, extlinux.conf etc more easily

2 Likes

It works…

Seth

I like how I can visualize the FS from within the pop-up and still know I am connected.

Outside of those ideas, @foxsquirrel , where were we? Was I supposed to show the source or help you to better understand what I think should happen versus what is working versus what is not working?

I can give any and all data available on my end.

Seth

I know it is Fri. and people are in a relaxing mood start for this glorious weekend but…

fdtoverlays /overlays/BONE-LED_P9_11.dtbo /overlays/BONE-PWM1.dtbo

and…

BONE-LED_P9_11  BONE-PWM1.kernel  name

So, my hunch is that /dev/bone/pwm/1/a/ and /dev/bone/pwm/1/b/ would be located in those files at that location with one of the two specified overlays listed from fdtoverlays in /boot/firmware/extlinux/extlinux.conf.

I do not see such a file so far no matter how I can do the entering in (data entry here) of the overlay(s).

Also, is it that just /sys/class/leds/* should list the led_P9_11 for GPIO alone or would a PWM overlay also be included, if I was to include it, at /dev/bone/pwm/1/*.

Seth

P.S. I know there is something I am missing. I saw some of the files available and changed them to my liking thinking this change would work. I have been confounded with no-go attempts from BeagleBoard-DeviceTrees in the v5.10.x-ti-unified branch.

I have gone over everything I can think of currently but still at a loss here. Send permissions and/or guidance, please.

Oh!

Image and Kernel:

Linux BeagleBone-AI64 5.10.168-ti-arm64-r113 #1bullseye

and...

BeagleBoard.org Debian Bullseye Xfce Image 2023-10-07

So, if you are using this kernel and image and get PWM and GPIO to work in cahoots, please jump in.

I am not sure what they did but it is not visible on the target after the board is booted up. I have to mount the sd card from the host and edit that way. It seems like they made it into a vanishing file after it has been read it is deleted, just a guess. But if it was deleted then next power cycle it would fail to boot because extlinux.conf would be missing.??

root@bb5:/boot# ls -al
total 12408
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root     4096 Mar  9  2018 .
drwxr-xr-x 18 root root     4096 Apr  5  2011 ..
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root     4096 Feb 28 13:48 dtb
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       16 Mar  9  2018 zImage -> zImage-6.1.80-ti
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 12689920 Mar  9  2018 zImage-6.1.80-ti
root@bb5:/boot# 

1 Like

Okay…no issue.

I appreciate you trying to make me understand.

Seth

P.S. I will try something else soon.