This is weekly report thread for the MicroPython for BeagleConnect Freedom project for GSoC 2021 . My mentors are Jason Kridner, Deepak Khatri and Tim Orlington. This thread will be updated in a weekly manner so that interested people may track the progress of my project. The more in-detail progress on topics related to the project may be found here.
Week 1,2 and 3:
• Held meeting with Adafruit guys to come to conclusion that CircuitPython port for Zephyr was out of scope and would take relatively more time.
• Made changes and added files in the boards directory of Zephyr for porting BeagleConnect Freedom to upstream.
• Opened a pull request of the same and can be found here. .
• Successfully built and flashed firmware with MicroPython application on the BeagleConnect Freedom device.
• Documented the same on my blog and can be found here.
• Validated it with running basic applications like blinking LED.
Resolution to Blockers:
• Vaishnav helped me with flashing, where I was facing a few issues.
• Jason also resolved my doubts with respect to drivers implementation.
No real blockers this week
Plans for next week:
• Start working on adding driver support starting with GPIO driver for next week.
• Validate it using click boards
• Get pull request merged