What is Beaglebone black wireless debug port? Is there JTAG? debug with code composer studio?

Hello,

I have a problem about the beaglebone black wireless. Then I want to debug it. I cannot see a JTAG port. But there is a serial port for debug. I wonder that error codes from serial debug port is the same with error codes or logs returned to ssh terminal through Micro USB port ? If both debian terminal through micro USB and serial debug port return the same error codes, It would not useful for me. I have expected that serial debug port gives something detailed error codes or logs. JTAG would be great to debug codes. Can I debug codes on the Code Composer Studio through serial debug port line by line? Otherwise, I don’t think I can find the problem without debugging codes line by line.

Thank you.

JTAG on the BeagleBone Black Wireless, requires you to solder a 20-pin
CTI header on the back of the board.

Regards,

bbb-jtag.jpg

Dear Robert,

Do I take only TCK, TMS, TDI, TDO, TRST, VCC and GND ? Or will I solder directly a 20-pin header ? I need also an JTAG-to-USB emulator, Right? and also its driver. I have a problem about the wifi. I have a stable mesh networking with 4-nodes. After joining the 5. node, network will become unstable and collapse. I try to debug this error. Is it feasible such a debug in code composer studio?

Thank you.

Smells like the wl18xx radio ran out of memory...

JTAG on the am335x isn't really going to help you debug that..

Regards,

Dear Robert,

I dont understand how TI tested this wl18xx chip by built a mesh with 32-nodes. It even fails immediately when I add 5.node into mesh. How can I increase the node number? any suggestion? Maybe should I decrease the memory usage per one peer in the wl18xx chip? I work with typical 802.11s mesh networking standard.

Thank you so much.

Smells like the wl18xx radio ran out of memory…

Dear lazarman,

It is not easy to find a real mesh guru. But I am not sure TI wl18xx chip has a huge internal RAM. Did you use an external RAM maybe? In fact, did you really use TI wl18xx chipset? Because this chipset probably has a low internal memory.How many nodes did you have in your gas-meters mesh network? Why cannot I set up an mesh network greater than 4-nodes with Beaglebone Black Wireless? I am not sure whether I debug BBBW through JTAG. It may not lead to a useful result.

Thank you.