What ways are updates announced or discussed ? I am waiting for or learning to contribute to community.

I have done regular Linux (Ubuntu) system management but the Beaglebone is a new animal.

I have used laptops and desktops running for years but the Beaglebone is an embedded system and has new
concepts to learn and discover.
I can plug things in but need to modify key files to enable or add the functionality.

I use the TechLab and GamePup capes for pocket beagle to explore this culture.
I am also using Mikroe click boards to have a simple plug in device like USB on mainline systems.

Today I did my customary update and started to see interesting changes that may have applied to my learning.
`

The following packages will be upgraded:
bb-cape-overlays doc-beaglebone-getting-started
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 5,981 kB of archives.
After this operation, 6,144 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Get:1 http://repos.rcn-ee.com/debian stretch/main armhf doc-beaglebone-getting-started all 1.20191031.0-0rcnee0~stretch+20191102 [5,883 kB]
Get:2 http://repos.rcn-ee.com/debian stretch/main armhf bb-cape-overlays armhf 4.14.20191102.0-0rcnee0~stretch+20191102 [97.9 kB]

`

Where and or how do I find what this did for my devices if applicable ?

Is anyone else learning using pocket beagle capes from GHI or Mikroe Click boards ?

Lee at Cool Games Network and Event Video Multimedia

I have done regular Linux (Ubuntu) system management but the Beaglebone is a new animal.

I have used laptops and desktops running for years but the Beaglebone is an embedded system and has new
concepts to learn and discover.
I can plug things in but need to modify key files to enable or add the functionality.

I use the TechLab and GamePup capes for pocket beagle to explore this culture.
I am also using Mikroe click boards to have a simple plug in device like USB on mainline systems.

Today I did my customary update and started to see interesting changes that may have applied to my learning.

The following packages will be upgraded:
  bb-cape-overlays doc-beaglebone-getting-started
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 5,981 kB of archives.
After this operation, 6,144 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Get:1 Index of /debian stretch/main armhf doc-beaglebone-getting-started all 1.20191031.0-0rcnee0~stretch+20191102 [5,883 kB]

Fixed the icon path for windows:

Get:2 Index of /debian stretch/main armhf bb-cape-overlays armhf 4.14.20191102.0-0rcnee0~stretch+20191102 [97.9 kB]

Added support for a new Board from Seeed:

Regards,

Thank Robert.
I found the Github commit comments work for my purposes as I learn how to find and read the Cloud 9 Examples.
The examples replace bone101 and are work in progress especially for the Pocket beagle Capes with Mikroe Click boards.
I have forked my own copy of the cloud9 examples after I saw them updated with apt upgrade.
They are private at my Github account to use as a journal for this NEWBIE.