Wifi help on latest BBB

I am pulling my hair out. I have a BBB with a dlink dwa 121 and for the life of me I cannot get it to connect to my wifi. I've wiped and reinstalled it back to the latest stable angstrom image.

My wifi is wpa2 personal airport express a/b/g/n I can get the board recognized but I can never connect. My wifi.config security is not working. Maybe EPA-psi was not the right security setting? I could try to connect and it would always fail. Maybe I did too many different installs?

Can anyone point me towards a reliable step by step install? Should I try a diff Linux? I'm only using some python and the python io to controls couple motors and connect to the internet.

Anything you can tell me will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Stuart,

Not sure if this will help you but it did work for me and my wifi is very reliable. Have not lost connection and i can run a full opkg upgrade without getting any errors or dropped connections.

With ethernet connected run the following in the terminal.

cd to a folder that would be easy to remember

opkg update

opkg download dhcp-client networkmanager network-manager-applet wireless-tools wpa-supplicant

You will want to download these because networkmanager wont install with connman installed and

once you remove connman you will lose all network connections.

opkg remove connman --force-removal-of-dependent-packages

opkg remove connman (you may have to do --force-remove can’t recall off the top of my head)

Please note that you will want to go to the folder that you downloaded the packages to and remove the version numbers from the file names.

opkg install /path/to/folder/wpa-supplicant.ipk
opkg install /path/to/folder/wireless-tools.ipk
opkg install /path/to/folder/dhcp-client.ipk
opkg install /path/to/folder/networkmanager.ipk
opkg install /path/to/folder/network-manager-applet.ipk
reboot

That should install network manager and its required packages.

Can’t recall if wireless-tools is required but it doesn’t hurt to have it.

After the reboot you should have a different icon where the connman one was on the top right.

Click on icon, select wireless network and enter your passphrase and you should be good to go.

If you run into any problems let me know.

Hope this helps.