WL18xx with BeagleboneBlack

I’ve been working on the following link:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Using_the_WL18xx_Cape_with_BeagleBone_Black

I was able to go through the process with some adjustments needed (a download link is not up to date), except for 1 step. Under Updating the File System, the last step asks to copy 3.8.13-dirty folder from rootfs but I do not have that folder. I do have 3.8.13-00726-gda51976-dirty (with some changes on the gda…). I’m wondering if I missed something or if there is an issue with the instructions?

Also, I seem to not be able to SSH with the board when it has the Angstrom kernel. Is there anything I have to do to get that working? I’m using a Mac with Mavericks. Also have a PC with windows 7 that is also running an Ubuntu VM.

Thank you.

UPDATE:

I went through the steps again and had the same results as far as files created goes. I don’t see any of the LEDs on the cape turn on. Will play with it to see how it behaves.

UPDATE:

Doesn’t seem to be working. I don’t see the LED on the cape turn on. It looks like I have the following files:

1. wl18xx_modules directory in /home/root : contains compat wireless modules
  2. wl18xx-fw-2.bin and wl18xx-conf.bin in /lib/firmware/ti-connectivity - TI Wilink8 Firmware files

But the following test don’t succeed. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

all modules should be in /lib/modules//kernel/drivers/…

The locations I pointed out are mentioned in the instructions. I do have a /lib/modules//kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ti folder in there. I’m not sure if I had an error in the building/flashing process but some steps seem off. I did have to adjust a script which has me not fully trusting the instructions.