BeagleBone Black QNX 6.5.0 SP1

Hello,

I would like to use QNX on my BeagleBone Black. I have downloaded the QNX Neutrino 6.5.0 SP1 BSP here:

https://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.bsp/wiki/TiAm335Beaglebone

When I load the prebuilt image, it starts perfectly but when I try to build the BSP by myself, I have this :

Jumping to QNX

System page at phys:80011000 user:fc404000 kern:fc404000
Starting next program at vfe046604
cpu_startnext: cpu0 → fe046604
VFPv3: fpsid=410330c3
coproc_attach(10): replacing fe07601c with fe0758bc
coproc_attach(11): replacing fe07601c with fe0758bc
Welcome to QNX Neutrino 6.5.0 SP1 on the Texas Instruments BeagleBone (ARMv7 Cortex-A8 core) - Board

Shutdown[0,0] S/C/F=11/1/11 C/D=fe01c68c/fe099ff4 state(c0)= now lock
QNX Version 6.5.0 Release 2010/07/09-14:26:46EDT
[0]PID-TID=1-6? P/T FL=00019001/05020000 "proc/boot/procnto-instr"
[0]ASPACE PID=2 PF=00008012
armle context[effe8f4c]:
0000: 8ffb2000 8ffb2000 8ffb2c01 00000181 effccbf8 01000000 00000000 fc004000
0020: fc004000 effdf47c 01072fff 00000008 00000000 effe8f90 fe046878 fe040e0c
0040: 60000013
instruction[fe040e0c]:
06 30 98 e7 1c 20 94 e5 11 00 12 e3 00 70 94 15 18 20 9d 15 07 70 82 11 0c 00
stack[effe8f90]:
0000: effe8fbc e18a1000 00000000 efffb348 effca00c 003fffff 00000a6e e1988160
0020: 8ffb2000 fffff000 00000000 00000007 00000040 effccbf8 fe099ff0 01000000
0040: 000000ff efff0090 00000073 0000008d effca6e8 fe044744 effccbf8 fe044ad0
0060: efffb348 fe069bac efffb348 fe071e30 effe9018 00000000 00000000 00000000ÿ

As we can see, I have this message : QNX Version 6.5.0 Release 2010/07/09-14:26:46EDT
This means that I try to compile with QNX 6.5.0 and not QNX 6.5.0 SP1. I don’t understand why i have this message because I have well installed QNX 6.5.0 SP1 :
1.png

2.jpg

Do I miss something ? Do I have to activate someting somewhere ?

Thank you for your help.

I vaguely remember the SP install being two manual steps, one being copying files from one place to another

I remember sd card setup was important on Beagle board. your probably following old or incorrect instructions. What was on this board could be important. What instructions as well.
They used to have a forum before Blackberry bought them.

I assumed you did rebuild all https://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.bsp/wiki/Bsp_650InstallationNotes

The setup I use should be correct since this is the one provided by QNX directly (MLO first, u-boot and image). Moreover, if my setup was incorrect, the prebuilt image could not work.

Yes i rebuilt all by following this https://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.bsp/wiki/Bsp_650InstallationNotes but that does not work
Why does it say that I use QNX 6.5.0 (2010) whereas I compile with QNX 6.5.0 SP1 (2012) ? I don’t understand, we have been working on this for 3 weeks

It is a long time since I did any of this, so please forgive any errors and omissions.

You build a file system image from folders of existing (binary) components and folders of freshly created (binary) components. All guided by a script and/or configuration file.

The build process will not build and replace existing components. I found it very difficult to know which version of component was in the file system image.

IIRC, Any component specified by the script/configuration is search for in the:

• existing folder – left over rubbish?

• QNX target folder – correct PATH?

• freshly created folder – actually built?

Hi Robert I think Lucas is saying he’s only trying to build the BSP not QNX.

I did this 10 years ago and I also had the latest BSP guides I tried getting these and you need a customer login. It says it’s free for education but again BlackBerry bought this.

What’s funny is this link below takes you to another page which says we support these processors. It also says you should lose the latest version’s

QNX SDP 7.0 BSP for Texas Instruments AM335x (Beaglebone Black)

https://blackberry.qnx.com/en/support/qnx-board-support-packages

Clicking on the above link next to the BSP you see another page saying

The QNX Software Center enables you to download and manage QNX Software Development Platform version 7.x and related products. PDF documentation and Licensing information relating to QNX SDP 7 and related products can also be found here. IMPORTANT: SDP 7.x licenses are initially delivered within the myQNX License Manager and MUST be assigned to users via the license manager in order for them to access the product.

And no code just a login.

That BSP Lucas references is over 6 year’s old.

Even 10 year’s ago you needed a valid company domain and email address for QNX I know GreenHills and maybe WindRiver as well wouldn’t even reply to a free email domain and definitely won’t give you a 30 day level license key that the license manager needed

Lucas is this for education :wink:?? I know it’s frustrating you might have to reach out them about

You end up here

QNX Software Center
[

QNX Software Center

This page provides an overview of QNX’s software downloads and binary files, such as PDFs. QNX realtime RTOS - Operating systems, development tools, realtime operating system software and services for connected embedded systems

](http://www.qnx.com/download/group.html?programid=29178)

If you click on Documents on left side of above page you go here

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/index.html

Which says

Choose from the following product versions:

(Note: Some PDF links may require login and product registration to function.)

Clicking on the Document you need ie SP1 takes you here.

QNX Software Systems

[

QNX Software Systems

This page provides access to your personal account information. QNX realtime RTOS - Operating systems, development tools, realtime operating system software and services for connected embedded systems

](http://www.qnx.com/account/login.html?returnaddress=%2Fdownload%2Fgroup.html%3Fprogramid%3D23589)

It was that way 10 year’s ago I registered with a my company email.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful

How did you get the images??

Mark

I can’t get in without an account if you got the binaries from these links you must have an account.

I forgot to mention when I was successful I used a Beagle Board.

Interesting the BSP images are different if this comments are correct that implies perhaps uboot changed between bone revs I wonder if the top link is for a beaglebone white perhaps

Click here to download the MLO and u-boot binaries for the original Beaglebone platform.

Click here to download the MLO and u-boot binaries for the new Beaglebone Black platform.

The release notes below imply no changes to the BSP source code

QNX Neutrino 6.5.0 Change History##### July 10, 2013#

• MLO, u-boot, and release note for Beaglebone Black support added (BSP is unchanged)
    I can’t access any links without registering

It looks like QNX got loaded and jumped to what’s troubling is that version of QNX was from 2010 that date there was no bone just the Beagleboard.

Shutdown[0,0] S/C/F=11/1/11 C/D=fe01c68c/fe099ff4 state(c0)= now lock
QNX Version 6.5.0 Release 2010/07/09-14:26:46EDT

Perhaps if you disassemble the binary and look at the bone memory map and the linker map and the u boot load address for QNX there’s a mismatch

do you have access to BSP users guide?

@lazarman, in fact I’m not a student and I have a company account with a QNX 6.5.0 SP1 licence. I have also already registered to the" QNX Software Development Platform 6.5.x (registration)" link that you gave me. The problem is not the fact that I can’t download and install the SDP but the fact that when I build the image thanks to the BSP, I don’t have the same result as the prebuilt image

I can send you the files if you don’t have an account.

I use the MLO and u-boot files for beaglebone black from this link : “Click here to download the MLO and u-boot binaries for the new Beaglebone Black platform.”.

The fact you pointed is troubling. I don’t understand why the BSP is unchanged between beagleboard and BBB.

"Perhaps if you disassemble the binary and look at the bone memory map and the linker map and the u boot load address for QNX there’s a mismatch
do you have access to BSP users guide? "

I will try to do that but I’m not an expert. I have access to the user guide yes…

BSP_User_Guide_Texas_Instruments_AM335x_BeagleBone.pdf (241 KB)

Let’s start with some history about what rev board you have , what was on SD before and whats in the emc now and details about tools you installed to build BSP and QNX and exactly the BSP file’s you are compiling as well as your goals. Are you trying to eventually modify the BSP source?
I’m guessing you have no support forum or no ones replying at QNX?
I need a clear picture of what you did exactly installing tools as in did you install multiple times etc etc

I’ll look at the pdf you supplied and ponder whether it worthwhile and practical to find my Beagleboard,Whites,blacks or even Pandaboard.
power supplies may be hard to match I’ve moved a lot. I guess a black would be easy for me to find but may be in storage.

Also maybe they will let me reeducate myself as I’m not working on a commercial product and give me access otherwise it’s harder to help.

Hopefully I can get you on the right path

Mark

Mark,

I have a BeagleBone Black REV C.
There was nothing on the SD before. I did not touch to the EMC so I think there is nothing inside.
My company has a QNX 6.5.0 SP1 licence and here is the list of the tools installed on my computer:

1.png
2.jpg

First, I formated my SD card in FAT32, I made it active by using diskpart and I copied the MLO and then the u-boot files. I took them from here : https://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.bsp/wiki/TiAm335Beaglebone
Bootloader modules#"Click here to download the MLO and u-boot binaries for the new Beaglebone Black platform. "

After that, I downloaded the BSP files: QNX Neutrino 6.5.0 SP1#Download Project Downloadsbsp-nto650-ti-beaglebone-sp1-trunk-201209071340.zip
(I attach MLO, u-boot and BSP to this mail)
After extracting, I copied the file “prebuilt-bsp-ti-beaglebone.ifs” in the “image” folder to my sdcard and I could succesfully launch QNX on my BBB by typing these commands :
→ fatload mmc 0 0x81000000 prebuilt-bsp-ti-beaglebone.ifs
→ go 0x81000000

That worked perfectly.

When I try to compile the image by myself it gets complicated.

if I compile the BSP without modifying anything, I should get the prebuilt image, right ?
The problem is that, when I do that, I have the message I gave in the first post and it says that I compile with QNX 6.5.0 and not with QNX 6.5.0 SP1 (whereas it is installed).

“I’m guessing you have no support forum or no ones replying at QNX?” I don’t have support anymore and the only thing the told me is that I don’t use QNX 6.5.0 SP1

I don’t know what to do anymore and the QNX SDP is not on my computer so I can’t use it whenever I want

MLO and u-boot binaries for Beaglebone Black Platform.zip (219 KB)

bsp-nto650-ti-beaglebone-sp1-trunk-201209071340.zip (5.15 MB)

These commands you entered are where? uboot?

→ go 0x81000000

Why not automate these commands ?

<<<if I compile the BSP without modifying anything, I should get the prebuilt image, right ?

In theory if you have a license BUT
some RTOS companies dont supply BSP source code unless you paid fees

So do you need to modify BSP>

Mark,

There was nothing on the SD before. I did not touch to the EMC so I think there is nothing inside.
My company has a QNX 6.5.0 SP1 licence and here is the list of the tools installed on my computer:

1.png
2.jpg

First, I formated my SD card in FAT32, I made it active by using diskpart and I copied the MLO and then the u-boot files. I took them from here : https://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.bsp/wiki/TiAm335Beaglebone
Bootloader modules#"Click here to download the MLO and u-boot binaries for the new Beaglebone Black platform. "

After that, I downloaded the BSP files: QNX Neutrino 6.5.0 SP1#Download Project Downloadsbsp-nto650-ti-beaglebone-sp1-trunk-201209071340.zip
After extracting, I copied the file “prebuilt-bsp-ti-beaglebone.ifs” in the “image” folder to my sdcard and I could succesfully launch QNX on my BBB by typing these commands :
→ go 0x81000000

That worked perfectly.

if I compile the BSP without modifying anything, I should get the prebuilt image, right ?
The problem is that, when I do that, I have the message I gave in the first post and it says that I compile with QNX 6.5.0 and not with QNX 6.5.0 SP1 (whereas it is installed).

“I’m guessing you have no support forum or no ones replying at QNX?” I don’t have support anymore and the only thing the told me is that I don’t use QNX 6.5.0 SP1

I don’t know what to do anymore and the QNX SDP is not on my computer so I can’t use it whenever I want

Yes I entered these commands in u-boot, I could have automated them but I prefer to write them for the moment.

"In theory if you have a license BUT

So do you need to modify BSP"

Yes in theory I agree. I will need to modify the BSP because I want Isagraf so I have to install the drivers (to make the beaglebone black a target I can load through IsaGraf)

In fact I’m very lost with all of these things

The BSP pdf you sent references another BSP user’s guide can you find it?

I think the guide refers to this : http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.6.0.update/#com.qnx.doc.bsp_update.guide/topic/bsp_660_structure.html

The read me for the BSP zip files you attached go look at it
It says it’s a QNX 6.50 BSP.
See if you can get the latest BSP 7.0

Also Working with a BSP http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.5.0SP1.update/com.qnx.doc.neutrino_building/bsp.html

Hi Robert

If my memory is correct support told him not to work with SP1Too many discrepancies going on. Tool mismatches
I’m also not sure if he’s got paid support or if that exist.?

I’m not surprised QNX left working binaries anybody can get that working and that’s pretty typical his issue is he needs to rebuild BSP sources and he can’t

I recommend he uses 7.0 if he’s licensed he should have access and they should answer questions if not at least he’s using latest BSP

I saw you mentioned paths to SDP to me he’s got something incorrect and if I was doing this I would start clean with the latest BSP not something 7 year’s old.

Mark

Page 15 of the pdf you sent we need that document

. Please refer to the QNX SDP 6.6.0 BSPs guide, available as part of the QNX Software Development Platform OS Core Components documentation

I also need you to see if you can get the latest BSP referenced in my previous post I think it was 7.0

I have uncovered at least 5 problems with your original posting its a QXX documentation mismatch not you. I am concerned this stuff you started with is very old and probally not supported by Blackberry

You have to start simple and slowly and logically so be patient before we start with 7.0 we need the document above

These commands you entered are where? uboot?

→ go 0x81000000

Why not automate these commands ?

<<<if I compile the BSP without modifying anything, I should get the prebuilt image, right ?

In theory if you have a license BUT

So do you need to modify BSP>

Mark,

1.png
2.jpg

→ go 0x81000000

That worked perfectly.