Random WiFi Modules and BBAI-64 and BBAI FanCape for Heat Dissipation...

Hello,

Does the BBAI FanCape work on the BBAI-64 for heat dissipation?

I have a random, I will mention it soon, WiFi module from a Lenovo computer that I attached to the BBAI-64.

It is an Intek Model: 9560NGW

I tried the commands listed under the BBAI-64 for setting up WiFi. I received this output when using the command to update wpa_supplicant-wlan0.conf: Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: wlan0 error: No such file or directory

Is this a known issue so far w/ adding random WiFi modules?

Seth

P.S. Also…the EDGEAI image from Debian 11.x (Bullseye) - Monthly Snapshots (ARM64) fails when using Etcher to write the image to SD Card. Here is a photo of the attachment and WiFi module in question:

wig

Dang it…

Also, how would one create the SD Card to have full capacity? Here is the answer. Rebooting the device, BBAI-64, creates the inflation of the SD Card to its full capacity.

Nope, processor is on the other side…

If your worried about cooling, something like this works nice: Amazon.com

probably missing firmware or driver? post your dmesg on pastebin or as a *.txt file…

What error message did etcher show?

correct…

Regards,

Here is the output of dmesg: https://pastebin.com/raw/XghjUm2C

Etcher showed in large print FAILED.

Seth

yeap, not found… i’ve got one on order from amazon…

Try a different usb port, adapter, microSD… I’ve seen Etcher can be picky with massive microSD images…

These directions will get you 95% there with the default eMMC , vs the edgeai image: BeagleBoard.org - update-ai64

Regards,

1 Like

Okay about the Micro SD Card image and etcher. I will try another one.

About you ordering something from amazon, are you saying your are going to order the Intek Model: 9560NGW ?

Seth

P.S. The board never turns off w/ software. I used the command sudo shutdown -h now in the terminal. It interrupted my terminal session only. The board does not power down so far, i.e. four minutes after the command.

For the cooling side of things I got one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DXMF32M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I printed out a 3d stand and got it rigged up to PWM.

I have the fan set so I can’t hear it at all and it keeps the temp at 40 degrees when both Arm cores are at 100%.

IMG_0909

1 Like

I forget which layer need to poweroff, but we aren’t done with that yet… (it’s either ARM-T-F or Optee…)…

Regards,

1 Like

Okay…

@RobertCNelson , no issue. I can always just let it run. I have a USB Fan now. oh and there are a few milliseconds between rebooting it where everything shuts down. I pull the cord at that point.

Seth

P.S. That amazon order…are you planning on getting the WiFi Adapter somehow?

Correct…

@RobertCNelson ,

Happy fourth…

and.

NICE! I really appreciate you trying to make it work. I would not know where to start.

Seth

Hello Sir,

@RobertCNelson , Seth here. Did you ever find time to test out the Intek WiFi module?

Seth

P.S. If not, that is fine. I am just wondering. I will keep trying it out. Also, I see the WiFi module, as most, get pretty hot on the AI-64, i.e. even when not in use.